Forum Index > Trip Reports > Just a fool in the Pasayten
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Kellbell

Kellbell
PostFri Jul 08, 2022 7:12 pm 
Well, I am a fool, but it was worth it. I hope you read the story, I think it's a good one. But things to know: the road is fixed...thank God sometime before we needed it. Andrew's is clear, but my God, a total brushfest. Cathedral Pass was scary as f###. Sorry, but really the most stressed I've ever been. But we lived. Thank you Jesus! https://kellbell-whywouldanyonereadthis.blogspot.com/2022/07/type-b-and-c-fun-on-boundary-trail.html

RichP, seawallrunner, jaysway, snowshoeman, reststep, Opus, Nancyann, Randito, kite, flatsqwerl
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostSat Jul 09, 2022 11:52 am 
I have to admit, I was kind of worried about you Kellbell, but you girls are tough and you made it! Don’t feel bad, you are not the only one I know (besides myself) who has been chewed up and spit out by the Pasayten. lol.gif

Kellbell
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostSat Jul 09, 2022 7:36 pm 
Best trip report evah!

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert

Kellbell
hikermike

hikermike
PostMon Jul 11, 2022 12:41 am 
What was stressful at Cathedral? More please.

Kellbell

Kellbell
PostMon Jul 11, 2022 6:42 am 
hikermike wrote:
What was stressful at Cathedral? More please.
If you click on the link you will get the whole story and pics...or maybe you did and just don't think it was a big deal. I get that. I know a lot of folks do snow crossings like that all the time. I don't, and don't want to! And the pics don't show that talus field very well. It was nasty. Slipping into that would have been really bad.(And climbing down with a pack - it could have been easy to take a bad if not deadly fall as well.) But mostly I was stressed because I felt responsible for my friend. She REALLY doesn't do that kind of stuff. But she was SUCH a trouper.

Stefan

Stefan
PostTue Jul 12, 2022 6:03 pm 
I understand the stress you feel for others that you feel you put them in this "unknown danger" I actually think the most dangerous thing you did was with the Swiss Army knife. Great story.

Art is an adventure.
Kellbell

Kellbell
PostTue Jul 12, 2022 6:50 pm 
Stefan wrote:
I actually think the most dangerous thing you did was with the Swiss Army knife.
Right? lol.gif Honestly the first thing I thought when I saw the knife was not "oh thank God it's not a spider" but "OMG, I could have popped my air mattress!" When you're over 50 the air mattress is THE survival item wink.gif