Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Jul 14, 2022 5:12 pm 
kiliki wrote:
The thing you should be worried about is if the city or state ban single family zoning. THAT is what is going to make even some us dyed in the wool city people think about leaving, or at least more motivated to buy a second home in a rural area where we don't have to smell our neighbors laundry and can grow a garden.
Yup. In agricultural zoned land, you can settle, but that doesn't guarantee that you won't end up downwind from a pot farm, cattle operation, orchard, etc. All have their smells. Our county commissioners haven't tried to lure any industrial pig farms, yet but I wouldn't put it past them if there is money to be made. I considered that when I decided to live inside the town limits. We still get the pot smell in the fall when the wind blows from the north. Then there's the skunks. I prefer smelling the laundry. There was a gated neighborhood in Waldport, OR. Just some small cheap (then) houses on a road where the gate was usually left open so people could have yard sales or just sell stuff easier. It was an open gate gated community, I guess.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities

kiliki
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Secret Agent Man

Secret Agent Man
PostThu Jul 14, 2022 7:01 pm 
kiliki wrote:
Ha, I met someone not too long ago that found squatters in their Packwood vacation home and subsequently moved to a different one in a gated community. There's a crowd that just thinks gated communities are...I don't know, prestigious? I have relatives that moved from theirs in Redmond to another on Whidbey (full time). It's my parents' crowd, really. Old, conservative. I don't know if anyone my age or younger has any good feelings about them.
How ironic that you think that no one your age has any good feelings about gated communities while endorsing a ban on apartments in the very post before. Banning affordable housing has effectively already turned Seattle into a gated community. But this is off topic.

kiliki

kiliki
PostFri Jul 15, 2022 3:26 pm 
Secret Agent Man wrote:
How ironic that you think that no one your age has any good feelings about gated communities
Read my sentence again.
Quote:
while endorsing a ban on apartments in the very post before.
Oh yes, that is definitely what I said and what is being proposed.

Brucester

Brucester
PostSat Jul 16, 2022 12:53 pm 
Is this place the next Issaquah or North Bend? Buy for 350 then in 20 years sell for 1.3?

dixon

dixon
PostSat Jul 16, 2022 4:27 pm 
Brucester wrote:
Is this place the next Issaquah or North Bend? Buy for 350 then in 20 years sell for 1.3?
You could try. The only thing you'll find for 350 is an acre of undeveloped land adjacent to the roar of I90.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Jul 18, 2022 6:20 pm 

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Jul 18, 2022 7:41 pm 
Many of the undeveloped properties for sale in the Cle Elum areas are located with existing 2nd property type developments, careful reading of various disclosures reveals that the development currently has a permit moratorium due to issues with well water availability and septic issues. So you could buy one of those lots and park an RV on it and once a week drive over to the Indian John Rest Area to dump your waste tanks and refill your fresh water tank.

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostMon Jul 18, 2022 11:36 pm 
Almost blew a tire up on indian' john couple years back

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Jul 19, 2022 7:22 pm 
Okanogan might be the ideal town if they had more businesses in the empty buildings. The Dawg House has done a lot by having live music outdoors, even closing off the side street sometimes. Rawson's--Okanogan's answer to Nordstrom is still in business and has creaky floors and the in their block long store. You can buy a piggin' string and or back to school/work clothes and shoes, along with outdoor stuff in that store. Wish there were more stores like it. Here's a couple of downtown murals that I took for an ebike forum.
And then the Rawson block.
Omak seems determined to sprawl out. Much of downtown is empty or emptying. I tried to talk a guy into starting a bakery because it is pretty cheap to lease a building here, or buy one. This is an area without a bakery, unless you count the stuff at Safeway, the IGA, or Walmart.