Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Folks leaving Seattle
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
hikerduane

hikerduane
PostFri Jul 22, 2022 2:19 pm 
Not getting political, according to the news I get here in NE California from Sacramento, Seattle is in the top 6 from where people are moving from to Sacramento. California folk moving back or Seattle too expensive to buy a house? Many of the other top 6 are other cities in California. Duane

So many stoves, so little time.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostFri Jul 22, 2022 2:36 pm 
I've been curious about Fresno, Sacremento, and Reno. Mostly due to longer summers and having fantastic access to the High Sierra. But I only hear bad things about Fresno. And Reno is wayyyy too hot and deserty for me. I don't know much about Sacremento but there is quite a bit of extra tax burden involved with living in California than Washington. Also Seattle and the east side is gorgeous year round.

hikerduane

hikerduane
PostFri Jul 22, 2022 3:06 pm 
I've lived in Carson City which is just south of Reno when I worked out of town and commuted home to Quincy, CA on Friday. Sac would be much hotter. Duane

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Jul 22, 2022 3:14 pm 
The local rumor here, as told to me by the shopping cart retriever at the local Walmarche, is that the Seattlites relocating here are the homeless ones, who are given a bus ticket to Omak. They then raise havoc here whilst still not being able to become homed. They go somewhere else when it gets cold. Can't find this on Snopes. biggrin.gif

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
hikerduane

hikerduane
PostFri Jul 22, 2022 3:25 pm 
I understand California has more homeless than all the other states combined. News out of Sac has some story almost every night. There are a couple in town, recently caused a small fire in town, seems to be what they do. Duane

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostFri Jul 22, 2022 10:44 pm 
hikerduane wrote:
I understand California has more homeless than all the other states combined. News out of Sac has some story almost every night. There are a couple in town, recently caused a small fire in town, seems to be what they do. Duane
Remember that there are three kinds of lies: Lies, Dammed Lies and Statistics. Since California is the US State with the largest population -- it isn't exactly suprising that is has the largest homeless population. Also think about climate -- where would you rather be sleeping rough in January ? In California or North Dakota ?

hikerduane

hikerduane
PostFri Jul 22, 2022 10:51 pm 
But all other states combined? I agree, good weather helps. Duane

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostFri Jul 22, 2022 11:18 pm 
hikerduane wrote:
But all other states combined?
What's your source ? Also I think it important to consider how different states count homeless persons. I doubt that there are uniform efforts or methods. A state like California may make every effort to count as many people as possible as homeless as method a getting more federal dollars. Other states like Texas may not put in as much effort or may even try to undercount the numbers to make their state look better on FoxNews.

hikerman
hikerduane

hikerduane
PostSat Jul 23, 2022 6:54 am 
I just listen to the evening news out of Sacramento, switching to the three major networks depending on the time. Duane

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat Jul 23, 2022 7:43 am 
So when asked to produce any evidence to support your claim, the response is "I saw it on TV" lame.

hikerduane

hikerduane
PostSat Jul 23, 2022 7:54 am 
Lame or not, just what the news had. Only responding to another members commit where this thread has gone off topic.. Duane

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Jul 23, 2022 7:55 am 
Randito wrote:
So when asked to produce any evidence to support your claim, the response is "I saw it on TV" lame.
Yes. The shopping cart guy at the local Walmarche is a much more reliable source! biggrin.gif

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat Jul 23, 2022 9:10 am 
Randito wrote:
You asked "what's your source," he told you, now you're getting your panties on a bunch because you don't like the answer. Lame and passive aggressive.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat Jul 23, 2022 9:13 am 
hikerduane wrote:
I just listen to the evening news out of Sacramento, switching to the three major networks depending on the time. Duane
Here are the 10 states with the most homeless people: California (161,548) New York (91,271) Florida (27,487) Texas (27,229) Washington (22,923) https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/homeless-population-by-state There are more homeless people in four states than in California, FYI. So it can't be more homeless in California than in all other states combined.

Schroder

Schroder
PostSat Jul 23, 2022 11:09 am 
hikerduane wrote:
Seattle is in the top 6 from where people are moving from to Sacramento
Any chance they came from there in the first place? The northward migration from Ca to Wa was pretty intense for the past few decades.