Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > covid infection
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostTue Jul 26, 2022 7:53 am 
I have usually kept up with masking and social distancing to avoid the covid virus. But my friend came over the other day to bring an item he had bought for me and we sat around and talked a bit. both unmasked. yesterday i tested positive for the covid virus. now isolating and waiting to see how things turn out

Cyclopath  seawallrunner
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Schroder

Schroder
PostTue Jul 26, 2022 4:37 pm 
I hope it doesn't get too bad for you. Omicron is reported to be milder than earlier strains like the delta that I had.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Jul 26, 2022 5:23 pm 
Schroder wrote:
I hope it doesn't get too bad for you. Omicron is reported to be milder than earlier strains like the delta that I had.
Pretty sure I have had both and the Delta was a lot worse, almost as bad as the worst flu I have ever had, and the Omicron was more comparable to a bad head cold with a sore throat.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Bosterson

Bosterson
PostTue Jul 26, 2022 5:23 pm 
I think the rule is that whoever gives you COVID owes you a beer. Does Montana still have Summer Honey in the summer? (That was my summer beer when I lived there.) I think your friend owes you a few of those to help with isolating. cool.gif

Go! Take a gun! And a dog! Without a leash! Chop down a tree! Start a fire! Piss wherever you want! Build a cairn! A HUGE ONE! BE A REBEL! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE! (-bootpathguy)

Cyclopath
Bernardo

Bernardo
PostFri Jul 29, 2022 9:00 am 
I hope you are doing ok!

neek

neek
PostFri Jul 29, 2022 10:26 am 
Bosterson wrote:
I think the rule is that whoever gives you COVID owes you a beer.
Hmm, I don't know... COVID-19 Risk Appears to Vary Across Different Alcoholic Beverages
Quote:
Consumption of red wine...played protective effects against the COVID-19. Consumption of beer and cider increased the COVID-19 risk, regardless of the frequency and amount
(I should probably add a disclaimer for people who think I'm actually serious.) Hope for a speedy recovery, regardless.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Jul 29, 2022 11:50 am 
^ I can assure you, sir, as one who appreciates a good Cabernet, from my own personal experience, that is complete nonsense. On the bright side, near death experiences have a tendency to cause one to re-evaluate life choices and values. (Probably why I have so many people here and other forums on ignore now.) Hope things go well for you there, CD. BK

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Sculpin

Sculpin
PostFri Jul 29, 2022 2:46 pm 
Schroder wrote:
Omicron is reported to be milder than earlier strains
The question of whether the Omicron strain causes milder disease is lost in the noise because of rising immunity due to prior infection and vaccination, coupled with such a wide variation in personal response. While it is possible to include these factors in calculations, they add enough uncertainty that strong conclusions are just not possible. Too many variables changing too fast. In CJ's case - since he has been forthright about being unvaxxed - we would expect his second case to be milder than his first regardless of strain due to having some immunity, and that is certainly a far more important factor than strain. He is lucky to have survived this particular bout of ...well, whatever it is that kept him from being vaxxed: https://www.oglaf.com/molehills/ All that being said, the first person known to have been re-infected - both cases prior to availability of vaccine - had a mild first case and died from the second infection.

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostFri Jul 29, 2022 6:34 pm 
Last post was 3 days ago, I hope he is doing OK or at least hanging in there.

Bosterson, RichP, runup
Jumble Jowls

Jumble Jowls
PostMon Aug 01, 2022 5:39 pm 
Sculpin wrote:
In CJ's case - since he has been forthright about being unvaxxed - we would expect his second case to be milder than his first regardless of strain due to having some immunity, and that is certainly a far more important factor than strain.
Yes, but repeated COVID exposure increases the risk of developing long-term health problems. https://www.adn.com/nation-world/2022/08/01/more-people-are-catching-coronavirus-a-second-time-heightening-long-covid-risk-experts-say/

cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostTue Aug 02, 2022 7:31 am 
so far this infection has been mild, slight headache, a bit of fog, sinus blockage but very little breathing problems beyond my normal copd. 18 more days til I make 75 years. wondering where all the time went!

Kascadia, JimK, runup, zimmertr, neek  Cyclopath
Bosterson

Bosterson
PostTue Aug 02, 2022 10:26 am 
Glad to hear you're hanging in there! Hope it continues to be mild. smile.gif

Go! Take a gun! And a dog! Without a leash! Chop down a tree! Start a fire! Piss wherever you want! Build a cairn! A HUGE ONE! BE A REBEL! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE! (-bootpathguy)

runup
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostTue Aug 09, 2022 7:02 am 
my ten day quarantine period is over and I feel fine. Never had much problem beyond my normal copd. So I believe my being vaccinated/boosted might have contributed to a mild case.

Cyclopath
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Aug 09, 2022 7:15 am 
^ lucky you. I thought sure as hell I was going to die. glad you're okay. up.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Aug 09, 2022 11:20 am 
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.

mosey