Forum Index > Trail Talk > Alternatives to the Enchantments
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Aug 02, 2022 6:55 pm 
I bet there are a lot fewer Oregon plates at Conrad and Tieton Meadows THs And crowded is relative. Along I-90 camping is banned at hyperpopular trails like Melakwa and Snow lakes. If camping is banned in Snowgrass flats that is news to me.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
jaysway

jaysway
PostWed Aug 03, 2022 11:43 am 
Good point on it all being relative. Camping is not banned in Snowgrass Flats, my point is more that I don't think that area would be any less crowded from a camping perspective than somewhere like Spectacle or Tuck and Robin. The total number of hikers is going to be fewer for Goat Rocks than I-90 since it is further away from population centers but the ratio of campers to day hikers is going to be higher too (excluding areas where camping is banned). Either way, Goat Rocks is a great suggestion for an alternative trip, albeit one with a pretty different feel than the Enchantments.

SpookyKite89
SpookyKite89

SpookyKite89
PostThu Aug 04, 2022 12:32 pm 
Just saw a group of people posting online about a meet up to do a loop of goat lake, old snowy and packwood lake the weekend of 8/21. So, I am sure it will be a sh*t show that weekend. Hopefully it isn't too large of a group but they were suggesting people from Seattle and Portland meet. Might be a little bit over the 12 person wilderness area rule...oy vey. In general it is less crowded than most other places I go, but definitely are not alone out there.

Mountainpines

Mountainpines
PostMon Aug 08, 2022 10:56 am 
Saving this thread…

kiliki

kiliki
PostTue Aug 16, 2022 1:05 pm 
SpookyKite89 wrote:
Just saw a group of people posting online about a meet up to do a loop of goat lake, old snowy and packwood lake the weekend of 8/21. So, I am sure it will be a sh*t show that weekend. Hopefully it isn't too large of a group but they were suggesting people from Seattle and Portland meet. Might be a little bit over the 12 person wilderness area rule...oy vey. In general it is less crowded than most other places I go, but definitely are not alone out there.
You can point that out to them...