Forum Index > Trip Reports > Cowap Peak: 08/07/22
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostMon Aug 08, 2022 1:04 am 
I've seen this peak from Bearpaw Ridge a number of times and have always been curious about it. It was time to check it out. Starting from the Damfino TH, we hiked about 3/4 mile through buggy forest before arriving at the junction with the Boundary Way trail. A third of a mile later, we arrived at the junction with the Canyon Ridge trail.
We encountered one blowdown that was a little awkward to climb over - not much to hang on to. Not long after, a beautiful meadow emerged.
A colorful hillside traverse followed.
Before long, we reached the ridge, where fantastic views of Canadian peaks awaited. McGuire Peak in particular stole the show.
A short but steep uphill climb deposited us on the false summit. From there we hopped over a narrow ledge to the true summit, where we spent an hour soaking in the views.
The trip back down was just as pleasant.
We stopped at a favorite viewpoint before heading west for beers. Views of Shuksan were incredible as always and I finally got to see a wild strawberry for the first time. One of these days I'll find some that are ripe for picking.
Another great day in the hills up.gif

Lindsay, HitTheTrail, half fast, ejain, Nancyann, Bramble_Scramble, Gimpilator, jaysway, awilsondc  KascadeFlat
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostTue Aug 09, 2022 8:27 pm 
Looks like a beautiful day to be up there! I am not familiar with that area but hope to visit it in the future. Next summer stop by my place if you want wild strawberries. Picking them is a bit labor intensive, but they are very tasty and I often add them to my oatmeal. smile.gif

fourteen410
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message