Forum Index > Support & Feedback > PREVIEW shows error uploading 4 images but I can't find the issue
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bowregard

Bowregard
PostThu Aug 18, 2022 2:12 pm 
Trying to post a trip report with lots of photos. I cannot find any "upload failed" messages next to any of my images but PREVIEW gives the following message: www.nwhikers.net says The following attachments are incomplete or still uploading and will be removed unless you hit Cancel! image.png (upload failed) image.png (upload failed) image.png (upload failed) image.png (upload failed) Any suggestions? I am wondering if I am hitting some limit in image size or number.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Aug 18, 2022 2:20 pm 
Not sure why they failed, but it's just warning you those images failed so you need to re-upload them.

Bowregard

Bowregard
PostThu Aug 18, 2022 2:24 pm 
OK - How do I find which images did not upload? Should I post and then look for missing ones and edit to re-upload them? There is no indication in the edit screen that any uploads failed (i.e. like I have seen "Upload Failed" in previous posts.

contour5

contour5
PostThu Aug 18, 2022 2:25 pm 
So you hit cancel, right? The language of the error message is mildly confusing...

Bowregard

Bowregard
PostThu Aug 18, 2022 2:26 pm 
Yes - I hit cancel and I am back to the editing screen. What do I do now?

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Aug 18, 2022 2:38 pm 
First copy all the text in your post to your clipboard and paste it somewhere just so you don't lose your post. Then look for the text "upload failed" in your post. It should be to the right of the image(s) that failed with a red X. Remove those images or upload them again. When you place your cursor on the [img]...[/img] is should still show you a preview of the image it tried to upload. Or hit OK when the warning pops up and they should be removed automatically. Worst case you can just abort the post and start over with the text you copied to your clipboard. The successfully loaded images will be there when you re-post.

Bowregard

Bowregard
PostThu Aug 18, 2022 3:02 pm 
Interesting. I copied the text into notepad and verified there were no "upload failed" messages (I checked that before). Then I started Firefox (I was using Chrome before), logged in, opened a post, and added the text from my buffer. PREVIEW then worked but gave me one blank image. So I went back to the edit, removed the blank image, and re-added it back and it looks like everything is there now (not done checking yet). Thanks - Looks like that image reported success uploading but wasn't quite right for some reason and Chrome gave a different result for PREVIEW than Firefox.

neek

neek
PostThu Aug 18, 2022 3:11 pm 
Image upload has been flaky for me the past few days. Well, I don't upload directly, rather reference http objects, but I assume it then goes through the same path. Have to hit "rebuild" on maybe 10% of the images in the preview, some multiples times, some eventually give up and show a broken image. Sorry, haven't had time to gather any troubleshooting data. Need to go on more hikes to collect more material.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Aug 18, 2022 3:17 pm 
Thumbnails not building wouldn't be related to the upload feature per se, other than the photo server abandoning the connection. As far as the warning message, it was a bug on our end. Looking at the warning message it should have displayed the id of the image that failed along with the file name but it's just showing the file name, so the id was blank. The check is to see if the id is still in the post, and of course it found a blank in the post, so it was displaying a warning message. doof.gif I'll fix this, thanks for reporting.