Forum Index > Pacific NW History > Concrete Ruins
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bruce Albert

Bruce Albert
PostSat Nov 20, 2021 10:28 am 
Sculpin wrote:
What happens when you click on a box?
So, I go to "get our maps", then as a quick check I went down to the large scale stuff, beneath which is a scrollable text box listing the offerings. Selecting the map I want in the 2nd column from right brought me a zip file in short order, which in turn popped up the map itself. Ona Mac yet, a lot of gov sites don't play well with Mac. Maybe they don't all work, but my sample - a Columbia Basin map- sure did. What I'm seeking and hope to find is a digitized version of the magniificent four by six foot DNR map of surface geology for the entire state, in color, with extensive detail as to rock type and age. I had this on loan for about thirty years. It spent the entire time on my wall and was the subject of countless fascinated hours spent looking... I really hated to let go of it even though I was obligated to do so. If I find it ever I'll put up a link.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
H. Hound

H. Hound
PostSun Nov 21, 2021 6:21 am 
Not sure if this is the map you are after, but it is the entire state Geologic map of Washington State 1961 Geologic map of Washington State 2005

Bruce Albert

Bruce Albert
PostSun Nov 21, 2021 9:07 am 
Thanks! My paper copy was the earlier one on one sheet.

NightOwl

NightOwl
PostSun Sep 04, 2022 2:02 am 
To answer the questions in the OP, yes I was there earlier this summer. It's a wild place; the combination of crazy graffiti, huge crumbling structures and beautiful nature is very unusual, like some kind of bad psychedelic trip. I don't think it's technically open to the public, but some kids wandered by when I was there and it didn't seem like the "no trespassing" policy was really enforced. Try going after 5 in the evening when the nearby construction site is closed for the day and use the back entrance by the boat launch. And don't wait too long, because the site is now fenced off and they might be planning to bulldoze it soon.