Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Sep 12, 2022 8:40 pm 
Tom wrote:
Well that was a nail biter. Scratching my head that Denver gave up so much to get Wilson, not to mention a $243 million contract extension, but went for a hail mary field goal instead of letting Russ cook on 4th down with ample time.
Completely agree Tom. I think their rookie head coach did us a huge favor by trying for what would have been the 2nd longest FG in league history. The 12th man played a huge role tonight and the defense played their hearts out. The offense was pretty stagnant in the 2nd half but overall pretty good. I think our secondary is going to be the main issue going forward, especially if Adam's injury is serious, growing pains there but some good talent. LB's Brooks and Barton played great games imo.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.

runup
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Sep 12, 2022 8:59 pm 
Great game fun to watch, Wilson looked so disappointed that he could no do that last down. Glad Gino go a chance after all those years in the shadows to show his stuff. Pete seemed so surprised they pulled it out. Great day for Seattle smile.gif .

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn

Chief Joseph
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Sep 12, 2022 9:04 pm 
I thought Barton played awesome, but yeah, the defense was shaky, run and pass, we can't seem to stop drives just like last year. Seems DK will be getting the ball more this year, hopefully maturity catches up to his talent, got to protect the ball!

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Sep 12, 2022 9:11 pm 
True, my first thought in the 1st half was that the defense was very porous, while the offense played pretty well but seemed a bit more predictable in the 2nd half. Overall Geno had a really good game but hung in the pocket a bit too long on a few plays in the 2nd half. Special teams played great and the offensive line, especially the 2 rookie tackles held up very well. I doubt if they make the playoffs this year, but at least they finally have a solid O line and running game. Hopefully Denver tanks this year since have their #1 pick in next years draft.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Sep 12, 2022 9:32 pm 
The bottom line is it was a fun game to watch, what more do you want. Only one team wins the Super bowl.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn

Chief Joseph
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostMon Sep 12, 2022 11:00 pm 
Malachai Constant wrote:
Only one team wins the Super bowl.
Only the team I ROOT FOR wins the super bowl!!! I make a major impact in my team's games!!!!!!!! MAJOR IMPACT!!!! super bowel winning teams!!!!

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostTue Sep 13, 2022 6:02 am 
Russell Wilson was himself. I was interested to see if he would play differently under a different system - more quick passes in the short to intermediate distance - but it didn't look all that different to me. Maybe a few less deep shots than normal, but the ones he tried all seemed a bit underthrown, so it might just be an issue with him getting more comfortable with his wide receivers. For now I was a glad it wasn't just the Seahawks' coaching staff that couldn't get him to take the next step into becoming one of the truly greats. Also, it was interesting to me to see him being his usual tardy self in getting plays off. Geno Smith seemed to have no problems getting players to the line with 10-15sec left on the clock, whereas Wilson would only have his customary 5sec left. I'm beginning to think that this was a Wilson failing and not a coaching issue. Regarding Geno Smith, I was pleasantly surprised with his play in the first half. Not so much in the second. Denver obviously made adjustments over the halftime break, but Geno looked more like his old self...he looked a lot less potent, and seemed to have a problem sensing pressure. My hope is that he can improve on these with more regular game play. Unfortunately, I fear that if the Seahawks are to reach the playoffs they well have to do it without having to rely on Geno Smith carrying them on his back...because I don't think he can.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani

Chief Joseph
cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostTue Sep 13, 2022 7:10 am 
Carroll and the coaches need to figure out how to maximize that 1st half Geno throughout the game. I was at the game last night and the crowd noise reminded me of years past; really, really loud! I think it really picked up the emotional intensity of the Defense. The Russell Wilson boo`s were pretty impressive as well.

Chief Joseph
Sculpin

Sculpin
PostTue Sep 13, 2022 8:19 am 
The pundits are busy dismembering the new Broncos coach over the decision at the end: https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2022/09/thank-you-for-not-coaching-let-russell-sit-on-the-sidelines-after-throwing-some-dinks-and-dunks-edition

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
Fletcher

Fletcher
PostTue Sep 13, 2022 8:53 am 
Funnest game in a few years. Might end up being the highlight of the season! Super bummer to see Adams go down once again.

Chief Joseph
Stefan

Stefan
PostTue Sep 13, 2022 11:08 am 
I do not feel that Seattle won that game. I feel that Denver lost the game.

Art is an adventure.

mtn.climber, Chief Joseph
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Sep 13, 2022 11:39 am 
Wilson did seem to stay in the pocket more than usual, but there was one played I watched a couple of times where he had absolutely no pressure yet ran out of the pocket, he must get claustraphobic or something. Pete as usual threw a red flag that had little chance of being over-turned. Good to win on opening week but I fear it will be a long season. Hopefully they will get a high pick next year and there will be a decent QB available.

Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostWed Sep 21, 2022 12:30 pm 
The only benefit to watching Sunday’s game was it prepared my mind with the somber tones needed for Queen Elizabeth’s televised funeral.

Shred
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Oct 23, 2022 4:58 pm 
Well, what a difference a month makes! These guys are fun to watch and the future looks bright. Hope DK is ok.

half fast
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostSun Oct 23, 2022 7:30 pm 
Do the Seahawks have an actual team this year? eek.gif

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani