Forum Index > Trip Reports > Idyllwild, July 10-12, '21
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostTue Sep 13, 2022 1:21 pm 
In need of a quickie weekend getaway, I headed north to the town of Idyllwild. I'd hoped that the shaded trails @ higher elevation would be a tad cooler but nah, wasn't really much different. Nevertheless it was a nice diversion & I was able to meet up w/SA Rafael so that's always fun. wink.gif After arriving in Idyllwild, I stopped by the ranger station & then headed up the Deer Springs Trail for just a short bit as it was way too hot for anything much further. redface.gif
Hot hike
Hot hike
Stats
Stats
Then, I checked into my room @ the Bluebird Cottage Inn. smile.gif up.gif
The room
The room
View out the rm
View out the rm
I showered up & a lil while later Rafael showed up. We went to Manzanita Cantina for dinner. hockeygrin.gif
Dinner w/Rafael
Dinner w/Rafael
In the morning we went out for b'fast, then walked around the shops in town. Still hot, but easier than trying to do a hike in the heat! Yeah, my hiking plans for this trip kinda went out the window after that 1st day of heat. wink.gif
B'fast w/Rafael
B'fast w/Rafael
Tourist shot w/Rafael
Tourist shot w/Rafael
We said our goodbyes & later that evening, once it finally cooled down, I walked from the cottage into town to the Idyllwild Brewpub where I did not get a beer as one would expect, but a marg since they actually had them.
Marg
Marg
Oh, & some ice cream.
Marg & ice cream
Marg & ice cream
I texted one of these pics to ppl back home, & later SA The Tease would say "oh, tell me next time you're going!" like he'd actually commit to going w/me. lol.gif lol.gif Walked back a slightly different way past cabins in the trees, & a sign about a drug-free school zone (as opposed to one that does indeed have drugs?).

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.

kite
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message