Forum Index > Trail Talk > I smell smoke
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostMon Sep 19, 2022 8:56 pm 
In case anyone is interested, I took this picture from the Sultan Foothills at 6:15 pm today. There are are still some trouble spots between Mt. Baring and Merchant Peak. Also below Baring’s west side. Couldn’t see what was going on up valley by Money Creek, but it looked pretty smoky up that way.

Chief Joseph, Cyclopath
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
philfort

philfort
PostMon Sep 19, 2022 9:04 pm 
Was pretty smoky/stinky in the Ohanapecosh area today from the Goat Rocks fire. From 410 on the way up to Chinook Pass, you could see it burning.

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostTue Sep 20, 2022 12:31 pm 
Same again Tuesday. I do have a Smokey’s nose. I can’t not notice the cigarette in the beauty’s bark, at a quarter’s size smoldering, from the other side of the Safeway parking lot. That has a distinct, different, smell. Today it’s forest fire odor.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
gb

gb
PostWed Sep 21, 2022 7:04 am 
Very bad air in North Seattle this morning with limited visibility. Air Quality in then 180's and 190's. I see Gold Bar and Sultan are in the Unhealthy range - 362.

Sculpin

Sculpin
PostWed Sep 21, 2022 2:02 pm 
Onshore flow has commenced to scour out the smoke at low levels from Edmonds and Everett pushing southeast. Kirkland is now in the bullseye instead of Brier but it should start getting better there soon as well.

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir

rbuzby
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Sep 22, 2022 7:13 pm 
The Methow is orange, and the smoke is coming this way from a McAllister fire, which is north of Stehekin, I think. The source of the smoke has been revealed by Lightning Bill Austin. Edited: It's closer to Diablo Lake--south of that.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostThu Sep 22, 2022 8:01 pm 
^is that a new fire? Not seeing indication of anything from the satellite data in that area.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Sep 22, 2022 8:13 pm 
It is new, I think. Not much has been said about it other than that is where our smoke is coming from. So far, the smoke is to the south of us by 5 miles. Okanogan is bad, I guess and to the east it looked bad. A few fires started today.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Sep 22, 2022 9:28 pm 
Some info on the McAllister fire which started yesterday. I'm getting this off a OkanoganCounty Fire facebook group. Click on the link for a map. At this time, the air quality is better in the Methow and worse here, so maybe it is smoke from a quick blowup and will go away? Or the wind has changed and it will clear out of here? I'll start out with the windows closed and AC on. McAllister Creek Fire 09/14/2022 18:26NCP-397 PP P2BM (1522) Lower McAllister Creek. 48 37.578, -121 5.400 https://goo.gl/maps/EREN2Z2fK9ymCHcE8 The smoke we are seeing especially in Methow Valley is from the McAllister Fire west of Gardner. WILDCAD: PUGET SOUND INTERAGENCY COMMUNICATION CENTER HTTP://WWW.WILDCAD.NET/WCWA-PSC.HTM Fire Start Wednesday, September 14, 2022 7:26 PM PDT Incident # 2022-WANCP-000397

mosey
gb

gb
PostMon Sep 26, 2022 4:42 pm 
Pretty awful again this afternoon; back in the revolving door of repeating smoke issues. The winner today is Rockport at 349. Another beautiful late summer day in downtown Los Angeles.

Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker
PostMon Sep 26, 2022 6:07 pm 
At the tunnel and in Sky yesterday. The column of smoke at Sky is why the evac level went from 1 to 2 as it burned towards the Beckler.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Sep 26, 2022 8:14 pm 
Nice here. Just have to play the Did a skunk go off or is it the Pot crop game. Oh and some farmers are dumping organic poopage on their farms for fertilizer so add that to the aroma. It's better than smoke, though.

gb

gb
PostWed Oct 19, 2022 12:41 pm 
Worst yet in the Greater Seattle area. Much worse yet are the Westside mountain valleys. Diablo right now is at 639! Do I hear a bid for 1000? A good analogy with the overall light winds with some offshore component is a giant bathtub filled with smoke that sloshes back and forth. Problem is somebody crapped in the bathtub.

fourteen410
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostWed Oct 19, 2022 12:58 pm 
gb wrote:
Problem is somebody crapped in the bathtub.
Wasn't me! Well we should get some relief come Friday, especially out here on the Olympic Peninsula. Can't believe I am saying this, but I am looking forward to a really good Pineapple Express. Rumi <~~~~~~seriously i did not crap in the bathtub

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."

rossb  SpookyKite89
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostWed Oct 19, 2022 1:00 pm 
gb wrote:
Diablo right now is at 639!

Tom