Forum Index > Trail Talk > Reports of roadwork on Hwy 410?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
philfort

philfort
PostMon Aug 29, 2022 1:48 pm 
That's a relief... went through there on the 17th, and there were several miles of "gravel on pavement". My friend's car was pretty much instantly struck by gravel, damaging the paint and causing a crack in the windshield.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
marta
wildflower maven

marta
wildflower maven
PostMon Aug 29, 2022 2:26 pm 
I went through there a week ago (Tues 23rd). There was still work being done and it looked they still had work to do. We went through at 7am and they were still setting up. But on the way back at 5pm, we had a pilot car twice between Greenwater and Enumclaw - one was around Mud Mountain Dam and they other more towards Greenwater. It didn't take too long - maybe a 5-10 minute wait each time. I did see a tar truck going the other way and smelled it at one of the pilot car sections so I think they were still tarring. We didn't see any tar on the car and no gravel being thrown up. At the time there were workers setting those orange flaps to designate the center line in the sections that were being worked on. We didn't see any work being done at Crystal River Ranch but the road had been worked on all the way to Crystal (ie: new tar pavement and no painted lines). One thing that might help - I used google maps the day before in the afternoon and saw that there was a slow down in the same area where we had the pilot car. I just checked and I do see yellow slow down around Crystal Ranch so it may still be going on.
Hwy410
Hwy410

hikerbiker, kiliki
solohiker

solohiker
PostMon Aug 29, 2022 5:17 pm 
No issues at all yesterday and the freshly paved road was in great shape, although the smooth surface looked rather thin. Of course yesterday was a Sunday- so maybe a final coat of tar is still in the works for M-F drivers to deal with.

I have never been lost, but I'll admit to being confused for several weeks. - Daniel Boone
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Aug 29, 2022 8:50 pm 
Went through today coming and going with no problems and only small delay.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn

kiliki
reststep

reststep
PostWed Sep 07, 2022 11:04 am 
Does anyone know if the chip sealing is all done now on highway 410?

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
kiliki

kiliki
PostFri Sep 30, 2022 7:24 pm 
They were striping today. There was a signal and alternating one lane traffic at that hillside clearcut about 10 minutes past Enumclaw, then I got stuck behind the actual paint truck (it was still going when I came back later this afternoon). It was about a 15 minute delay today going there and just a couple minutes at the signal going back. No loose gravel. Did the median always have a rumble strip? I can't remember, but I'm glad it's there.

philfort

philfort
PostSat Oct 01, 2022 8:34 am 
Just over a week ago they had a long section down to one lane south of Greenwater, about a 20 minute delay.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat Oct 01, 2022 9:22 am 
Yesterday there was a 200 yard one lane section between Greenwater and Enumclaw controlled by an automated stoplight. On the way home in the late afternoon, I saw a work crew packing up near there, so mid-day there may have been more disruption.