Forum Index > Food & Grub > The way to go for big mash potatoes
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostMon Oct 10, 2022 5:46 pm 
Easy Mash is the WAY TO GO for big mash potatoes!!!!!!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Oct 10, 2022 9:55 pm 
Hash or mash....I really like hash browns and mashed and gravy, but don't enjoy the labor involved. I mean scratch is the way to go..

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Oct 11, 2022 8:32 am 
I was watching Jacques and Julia cook hash browns one afternoon. Julia had hers all boiled and peeled and neatly stacked, ready to chop up and toss into a skillet with a pound of butter. Jacques pulled a big pan out of the oven, covered with lovely baked potatoes. When you boil a potato, the potato sucks up the water it's being boiled in. When you bake a potato, the potato isn't sucking up a bunch of water. Hash browns: baked potatoes only. Never boiled. Take if from Jacques! up.gif
pan fried lamb blade steak on potato with shimeji mushroom glaze and salad 10/10/22
pan fried lamb blade steak on potato with shimeji mushroom glaze and salad 10/10/22

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Oct 11, 2022 11:05 am 
I am not a chef and have only made hash browns a few times, but I just peel and grate my potatoes and pan fry until crispy, I thought they were pretty good. My Mom and I were having breakfast at Frank's in Spokane once (great breakfast joint in a restored boxcar) and were sitting at the counter so the food is cooking just a few feet from you. They cooked the hash browns so long on one side I was afraid that they were going to burn...nope, perfect!

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.