Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
CC
cascade curmudgeon

CC
cascade curmudgeon
PostMon Oct 10, 2022 9:43 am 
Sky Hiker wrote:
We are so tired of the smoke (sure everyone else is too) and columns above town burning. Highway closed most of the day. If it's burning eventually going to fall unless they couldn't tell it was. 3 different copters in the air today, none appear to be dropping water. Heard they were using one to evaluate the situation above the tunnel. Falling trees Going to be an on going thing I am afraid.
Question for you and/or Timberghost. Had the fire already gotten past the Bonneville power right-of-way on the first day? That would seem to have been a perfect place for a fire line to have kept it from getting near US2 in the area where they are having all the problems now.

First your legs go, then you lose your reflexes, then you lose your friends. Willy Pep
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostMon Oct 10, 2022 11:40 am 
US2 closing today beginning 12:30. Updates will be posted at https://twitter.com/wsdot_traffic

Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker
PostTue Oct 11, 2022 1:30 pm 
I believe they could have used the powerline road as a containment road instead of the fire iff they had initially gotten on it. They could have used backburning then. Those powerlines don't cross the highway until down past Baring. I am not sure why they didn't used that as a line. It took some time for it to come around from the Eagle creek road to even get in the timber above the powerlines.