Forum Index > Trail Talk > Road rage shooting death on Hwy 2
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostSun Oct 16, 2022 9:14 pm 
Yikes. ***For Immediate Release*** October 16, 2022 Trooper Kelsey Harding (425) 923-6244 Kelsey.harding@wsp.wa.gov Twitter: @wspd7pio WSP Seeking Assistance in locating Suspect Vehicle from Shooting SKYKOMISH, WA – The Washington State Patrol (WSP) is actively investigating a fatal shooting that occurred in Skykomish, Wash., on Oct 15, 2022, at approximately 7:48 p.m. on state Route 2 near milepost 63. The incident started as road rage between the victim vehicle, silver 2014 Kia Sorrento and the suspect vehicle, Subaru SUV. When the driver of the Kia attempted to create distance between their vehicle and the Subaru, an occupant from the Subaru shot through the rear passenger window of the Kia. One of the passengers in the Kia, a 24-year-old DARRINGTON, WA female, was tragically struck by the gun fire and was pronounced deceased on scene. The Subaru fled the scene in an unknown direction. WSP detectives are requesting help in locating the suspect vehicle. The suspect vehicle was described by witnesses as a dark colored Subaru SUV with a roof mounted cargo basket on top. If you see any vehicles that match the description you are asked to call or email Detective Sergeant Michael Marken at (360) 654-1140 or Michael.Marken@wsp.wa.gov. Your assistance is appreciated as we work to locate the suspect vehicle in this tragic incident.

Mountainpines, Cyclopath
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostMon Oct 17, 2022 5:29 am 
We saw a vehicle similar to this one a few weeks ago westbound on 2 in the fire zone passing the line of cars we were in and driving like a maniac. Also, didn’t someone on the forum post a video of an SUV like this driving through the fire zone last month?

timberghost

timberghost
PostMon Oct 17, 2022 5:37 am 
Sad state of affars, sorry to hear of the families loss. People think they need to travel 65-70+ on 2 if there is a fire posting 35 MPH. Heaven forbid you drive the speed limit. Not to say that was the cause. I find it interesting that it stated: "occurred in Skykomish, Wash., on Oct 15, 2022, at approximately 7:48 p.m. on state Route 2 near milepost 63." When Skykomish is at MP 49ish so that would put it closer to Stevens Pass where it occured.

Schroder

Schroder
PostMon Oct 17, 2022 6:52 am 
timberghost wrote:
near milepost 63." When Skykomish is at MP 49ish so that would put it closer to Stevens Pass where it occured.
Yes, that's only a mile west of the pass by old faithful. The road's 4 lanes there.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostMon Oct 17, 2022 9:35 am 
Hopefully people called 911 when Nancy Ann mentioned those idiots in the Subaru.. And hopeful some one can come forward with dash cam video...king 5 and others should put out a request for dashcams from that time of incident... Why the hell don't they put up a simple camera in those zones??

philfort

philfort
PostMon Oct 17, 2022 9:40 am 
There are traffic cameras along that section of highway. I'm not sure how often they take a picture though... but I'm sure the police are sifting through that.

fourteen410

fourteen410
PostMon Oct 17, 2022 1:42 pm 
I'm surprised that the Subaru SUV driver was the shooter. I know I'm stereotyping, but when I think of that make/model I think of passive aggressive road rage, not homicidal. I guess you never really know what kind of crazy is behind the wheel. Nancy, I wonder if it'd be worth mentioning that to WSP? I thought the video was of a bicyclist riding through the fire zone but maybe I'm misremembering. PS - apologies to Joey, looks like he posted about this in the saloon before I did.

altasnob

altasnob
PostMon Oct 17, 2022 1:52 pm 
fourteen410 wrote:
I'm surprised that the Subaru SUV driver was the shooter. I know I'm stereotyping, but when I think of that make/model I think of passive aggressive road rage, not homicidal.
Not only a Subaru driver, but they had a roof mounted cargo basket on top as well. Basically, a NWhiker or Washington Hiker and Climber Facebook person is the suspect.

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostMon Oct 17, 2022 2:55 pm 
Rack off car by now?

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostMon Oct 17, 2022 3:27 pm 
fourteen410 wrote:
I'm surprised that the Subaru SUV driver was the shooter. I know I'm stereotyping, but when I think of that make/model I think of passive aggressive road rage, not homicidal. I guess you never really know what kind of crazy is behind the wheel.
Even if we have stereotypes like this because they're right a lot of the time (enough to notice a pattern in the first place) they're also just cars and everybody needs a car. But yeah my stereotype of Subaru road rage is more like they'll post about how bad you are later on Facebook.

Schroder

Schroder
PostMon Oct 17, 2022 3:52 pm 
Ever consider that the car may have been stolen?

flatsqwerl, joker
Snowshovel

Snowshovel
PostMon Oct 17, 2022 4:15 pm 
It’s being reported that the shooting vehicle was ahead and the shot came from the back seat.

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostMon Oct 17, 2022 4:51 pm 
I will look back through my pictures and try to figure out which day it was that we saw a similar vehicle with aggressive behavior. I was thinking that there are several traffic cams which they would have been recorded on as they worked their way down the highway that day, but WSP has already looked as well, I’m sure.

Josh Journey, joker
timberghost

timberghost
PostMon Oct 17, 2022 4:51 pm 
Am I reading it wrong does it say the Kia was trying to create distance meaning going faster and then the Subaru shot thru the Kia's rear window. This striking the victim.

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostMon Oct 17, 2022 4:52 pm 
That’s what I read as well.