Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Oct 23, 2022 7:48 pm 
So much parity in the NFL now, must drive the odds makers a bit crazy...I am done trying to predict anything, but it sure makes things interesting. I predicted the Hawks would go 5-12 and the "Experts" predicted that as well. Shaping up to be an excellent draft this year, one thing that Carroll and his scouts are good at. Pete continues to throw the red flag on plays with little chance of being over-turned.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
borank
Lake dork

borank
Lake dork
PostMon Oct 24, 2022 3:19 pm 
I was expecting a record more like 7-10. The "experts" always over-hype the good and the bad. Converting from 4-3 to 3-4 defense took some time but it's starting to gel with the players. If you have more good LBs than DLs, it makes some sense. I'm just not a fan of the 3-4. Geno was 2-2 last year (iirc), so not hugely surprising that he's better than expected. Maybe surprising how much better than expected. But I think I'm more surprised about what a has-been Wilson is becoming. We'll see what teams get real starting in November.

Stefan

Stefan
PostMon Oct 24, 2022 5:11 pm 
I have always believed that in the NFL...the teams that really win...are the teams that have great defense. Yes, there are the exceptions....and I am speaking generally. The Seahawks do not currently have a great defense.

Art is an adventure.
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostSun Oct 30, 2022 4:26 pm 
They're playing like the M's. Young hungry guys giving it their all with cool team energy. Just enough veteran input to keep them in line and perfect for Pete, young guys open to learning. Is Walker their version of Julio? Micheal Jackson and Coby Bryant on the field...the day before Halloween.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostSun Oct 30, 2022 4:27 pm 
Wow. That 4th quarter touchdown drive from Geno Smith was a thing of beauty. I believe! borank.gif

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani

half fast
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Oct 30, 2022 7:36 pm 
They appear to be for real, although the schedule gets a bit tougher from now on. I think the main reason for their success is a good and stable offensive line and few injuries so far. The Wilson trade will probably go down as their best in history and the Adams trade the worst. They used Denver's #1 pick this year to pick a left tackle, the most important part of the O line imo.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostSun Oct 30, 2022 11:26 pm 
O LINE is where you see the big players. O LINE needs to use brut force to shove you into the dirt!!!!!! You're seeing 400 POUNDERS looming on the O LINE!!! Big heavy INTIMIDATING players lurking in the depths of the O LINE.

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostMon Oct 31, 2022 6:10 am 
GaliWalker wrote:
Regarding Geno Smith, I was pleasantly surprised with his play in the first half. Not so much in the second. Denver obviously made adjustments over the halftime break, but Geno looked more like his old self...he looked a lot less potent, and seemed to have a problem sensing pressure. My hope is that he can improve on these with more regular game play. Unfortunately, I fear that if the Seahawks are to reach the playoffs they well have to do it without having to rely on Geno Smith carrying them on his back...because I don't think he can.
How wrong was I! I should have listened to reason - the part in bold - and given him more of a chance before making up my mind. smackbum.gif

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
half fast

half fast
PostMon Oct 31, 2022 6:54 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
They appear to be for real, although the schedule gets a bit tougher from now on.
They just soundly beat a 6 and 1 team...just saying

It's all about the fun, oh and maybe the chocolate - half fast

day_hike_mike, GaliWalker
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Oct 31, 2022 9:27 am 
half fast wrote:
Chief Joseph wrote:
They appear to be for real, although the schedule gets a bit tougher from now on.
They just soundly beat a 6 and 1 team...just saying
Yes true. Imo, BB is correct in that the offensive line is the main reason for their success so far. Trading Wilson and his huge contract finally enabled the team to address that issue and others. I think it will turn out to be the best trade in Seahawks history. Most teams that pay their QB's huge salaries many times become mediocre, as the Hawks were the past few years. Look at the Cards, as soon as Murray gets his big payday, their team lays an egg. Plus the Hawks have mostly stayed healthy, which helps a lot too.

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostMon Oct 31, 2022 9:54 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Imo, BB is correct in that the offensive line is the main reason for their success so far.
It also helps when you have a quarterback that climbs the pocket, rather than one who likes to escape it at the first sign of trouble. The Seahawks have had ok offensive lines on a few occasions, typically later in the season, but Wilson was always so skittish.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Oct 31, 2022 5:26 pm 
I was watching the highlights of the Denver game and no comparison. I know Wilson is injured but looks so mortal, not to mention small in those orange shoes. They seem to have minimal confidence in him near the goal line and ran the ball. You can see Wilson running away from the action as if to do his own thing. Reminded me of last year when he was injured and in his own fantasy world.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Nov 06, 2022 7:20 pm 
Another impressive win. 6-3! Not sure if they will be able to hold off the 49ers for the division but they look as good as any other team that might compete for the wild card.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Nov 06, 2022 8:24 pm 
Yea great game, what a turnaround for the defense the past 4 weeks, nearly went from worst to first. The O line continues to play well and Geno, Walker, Lockett and Metcalf are all playing very well. Amazing!…so far. The Cards are a train wreck and are going no where fast. Kinda seems that the teams they play have also been shooting themselves in the foot.

Opus
Wannabe

Opus
Wannabe
PostTue Nov 08, 2022 11:56 am 
For anyone getting up early to watch the game in Germany this weekend (6:30 am our time zone) it's going to be shown on CBS in the Seattle market. Or streamed on NFL Network.