Forum Index > Trip Reports > The Hound and the Tiger.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Now I Fly

Now I Fly
PostTue Nov 08, 2022 9:37 am 
We love Tiger. Especially the dark(North)side. Started around 11:00. Elapsed Time 3:42, Mileage 9+/-, Elevation gain 2,800 +/-. Highpoint Trail, Lingering Trail, TMT, K3, WTM RD., WT1 Bypast Trail, WTM RD., Preston Trail, WT Railroad Grade, TMT, Lingering Trail, Highpoint Trail back to the truck. Lingering Trail
We love the Lingering Trail!
We love the Lingering Trail!
TMT
The TMT Is special too!
The TMT Is special too!
K3,
K3
K3
Topping out K3 at WT2!
Topping out K3 at WT2!
The hound's not into posing!
The hound's not into posing!
WT1 Bypass,
WT1 bypass
WT1 bypass
WT1 bypass
WT1 bypass
Didn't see a soul the whole trip. Also, Tent City 4 has moved. The hound misses his buddy that was living there.

Sculpin, Tom, zimmertr, mosey
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostTue Nov 08, 2022 12:11 pm 
Tiger is the mountain I've spent the most time on so I certainly love it too. I really love the K3/TMT Descent from WT2. And the One View Trail as it heads towards the saddle between WT2 and WT1 from Poo. And of course descending the Bootleg/Preston/Dwight route from WT1 to the East end of High Point. Tiger is awesome and I'm so thankful to have it in my backyard. I also noticed Tent City 4 had moved. I wonder why?

Flickr | Strava

Now I Fly
Kascadia

Kascadia
PostTue Nov 08, 2022 12:43 pm 
zimmertr wrote:
I also noticed Tent City 4 had moved. I wonder why?
http://www.sharewheel.org/tent-city-4 Not why, but where....they do rotate periodically as I'm sure you know having spent time in the area. The host churches (in the past, at least) have had issues w/neighboring communities, perhaps High Point is a place of last resort at any given time, but that's speculation.

It is as though I had read a divine text, written into the world itself, not with letters but rather with essential objects, saying: Man, stretch thy reason hither, so thou mayest comprehend these things. Johannes Kepler

mosey, zimmertr
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostTue Nov 08, 2022 12:52 pm 
I've definitely seen them come and go over the years and I recall seeing that website before but I guess I assumed they just moved with the sweeps like most other encampments and were more-or-less left alone at High Point because it wasn't nearby any NIMBYs.

mosey

mosey
PostTue Nov 08, 2022 1:33 pm 
They moved to MQP in Sammamish near the city hall. Nothing to do with sweeps, it's the policy that the tent city organizing foundation has to ensure good partnerships and likely to prevent squatting laws from taking effect. Yes TC4 does tend to stay at high point for periods longer than the normal quarterly movement, probably a sympathetic coordinator at the DNR as it has bus access. Tent cities aren't exactly the same as encampments along the freeways, they're managed by a nonprofit that vets residents and provides waste disposal. It's nice to see snow on tiger again. The clearcut looks beautiful with a blanket.

neek, Now I Fly, Kascadia, zimmertr