Forum Index > Trip Reports > Sun and Snow! - A Night on Silver Peak
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
User-Name

User-Name
PostSun Nov 13, 2022 8:29 pm 
The weekend weather looked clear, so I threw a pack together and headed up The Corridor to sample some of the early-season snow. A quick, compact adventure. Some pix:
High volume in the Annette Lake drain.
High volume in the Annette Lake drain.
Pretty Little Annette, not yet frozen.
Pretty Little Annette, not yet frozen.
Condition of the summit ridge.  I saw no other boot prints on this side, but a single set of snowshoe tracks from the sensible side met mine on top.
Condition of the summit ridge. I saw no other boot prints on this side, but a single set of snowshoe tracks from the sensible side met mine on top.
Planning to camp, I started late, and by the time I dropped from the summit and started shopping for a flat spot to pitch, the shadows were getting long.
Planning to camp, I started late, and by the time I dropped from the summit and started shopping for a flat spot to pitch, the shadows were getting long.
A great night in the tent, made even better by decent cellular WiFi, a nice surprise!  Next morning I headed back up and over, retraced my steps and enjoyed a relaxed hike back to the Granite Mt. trailhead.
A great night in the tent, made even better by decent cellular WiFi, a nice surprise! Next morning I headed back up and over, retraced my steps and enjoyed a relaxed hike back to the Granite Mt. trailhead.
A sunny and VERY pretty stomp back down to the lake to finish a great weekend in the hills!
A sunny and VERY pretty stomp back down to the lake to finish a great weekend in the hills!

SeanSullivan86, SergioNapelo, SpookyKite89, jaysway, mosey, jstern, rubywrangler, zimmertr, Bowregard, Now I Fly, ALW Hiker, Tom, RichP, Bramble_Scramble, Lightning_bug
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message