Forum Index > Gear Talk > Overnight boot drying ??
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostFri Feb 11, 2022 10:07 pm 
I use this for my ski boots and gloves https://www.amazon.com/DryGuy-Forced-Boot-Dryer-Garment/dp/B010A5J5FU/ It has a three hour timer, so it doesn't run all night. Seems to do the job even after skiing in the rain until soaked.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Feb 28, 2022 10:49 am 
I think I bought my Peet dryer in 1984 and it still is working well. It'll probably get plugged in today and put to work. I've used it on work boots, winter work boots, ski boots, shoes and have stuck gloves on it to dry. I have a dryer that has two iron like things hooked to the power cord. It runs hotter than the Peet which made a coworker quite happy after his office flooded and his boots were saturated. He dried them with it. Got another one of the same design that I carry in my trailer. It takes quite a while to dry saturated shoes. People have given me the last two dryers.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostMon Nov 07, 2022 11:12 pm 
I have a couple decade old PEET. Buying a boot dryer for a gift. The PEET is o.k. except it needs to be leaned against wall with heavier boots. Have people had other makes? Opinions?

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Nov 20, 2022 9:09 am 
Maybe smaller feet? I've had my alpine ski boots on my Peet and it has stayed up. But I also bought it in the 1980s, at the Yardbirds store, so maybe it is of a different design? I have some kind of Norwegian shoe dryer that is faster then the Peet. Loaned it to a guy after his office flooded and he was marooned by the flood. He was amazed at the speed. The Norwegian boot dryer was a gift to me and consists of two metal shoe shaped things that you stick inside your shoes. I haven't used it very much. I have carried a cheapo plastic kind similar to the Norwegian one that I keep in my trailer. I finally used it after wading to shelter during a tornado warning. I was not impressed with this dryer. It took a long time to dry out saturated Hokas. The Peet dryer is still in use and will probably outlive me.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities