Forum Index > Trail Talk > 2023 NWHikers Calender Orders
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wiki summary

wiki summary
PostSat Nov 19, 2022 2:25 am 
0 members have voted:

Wiki summmary last edited by Tom on Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:37 am (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Nov 20, 2022 4:09 pm 
True Annie. I like photos that show the entirety of the landscape and when the clouds have interesting shapes and colors especially if they blend well with the rest of the landscape, those really catch my eye. There were about 3 photos where it was nearly impossible to choose between the two, so I picked the first one that caught my eye. As I mentioned, I rarely vote for a photo tat contains people (just not a big fan of them I guess, confused.gif)....but I did this year for an Oct photo because overall I still liked it best, must have been the yellow trees.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.

kite
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostSun Nov 20, 2022 4:34 pm 
zimmertr wrote:
https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1242159#&pid=PNBJjCN-0 up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif
Absolutely!

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSun Nov 20, 2022 5:17 pm 
Anne Elk wrote:
Some months were really difficult to decide ... made me wish the contest had ranked-choice voting (for at least 2/month). I've noticed that I've developed consistent compositional/design etc preferences (including some types I consistently reject); it would be interesting to get in a room with others from NWH and have a conversation about how they made their choices. Thanks, Tom, for organizing!
It would be interesting to use the poll feature but it's really hard to think of the right options. I like abstracts. Some of the photos capture patterns in nature that mesmerize me. I usually prefer without humans but there are some great examples of people fitting into three landscape and almost pulling them into the picture with them. Sometimes hikers for scale, to show just how giant nature is and how small we are. Trouble is there's an exception to every rule, and people are brilliantly creative at finding them.

Anne Elk, jaysway, joker, kite, Chief Joseph
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Nov 22, 2022 6:31 pm 
A little over 6 hours left to vote in the primary. Just peeked at results and looks like for some months the top 3 moving into the finals is pretty much decided (assuming it's statistically improbable at this point to gain more than 2 votes) but there are quite a few months where late voting could influence the order, especially May which is a dead heat among the top 4 so be sure to vote before midnight! Edit: Top 3 from the primary are now revealed. Be sure to re-vote in the finals!

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostTue Nov 22, 2022 6:58 pm 
Tom wrote:
Just peeked at results and looks like for some months the top 3 moving into the finals is pretty much decided
How exciting! Thank you for showing how the voting has gone so far. That adds to the excitement. Feel like I am in the stands cheering as the horses come down the home stretch. haha ~z

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostWed Nov 23, 2022 8:37 pm 
I scored 5/13.

PowderPawn
Candidate

PowderPawn
Candidate
PostWed Nov 23, 2022 10:14 pm 
Some awesome photos from everyone here. April was a tough one I would buy prints of all of those finalists for April.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Nov 29, 2022 1:31 am 
Only 24 hours left to vote in the Finals (the wiki had indicated Nov 28 but that was a typo, the plan was give everyone until Tuesday after the Thanksgiving holiday). Some of the races are very close. September is within 1 vote, Cover is within 2 votes, March and October are within 3 votes, and January is within 4 votes. March and May have seen second place overtake first place from the Primary. September is on the ropes, clinging to 39-38 lead after starting the Finals with a commanding 27-15 lead from the Primary. Will first place in the Primary be able to hold off the challenger? Make sure you re-vote in the finals!

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Nov 29, 2022 2:41 am 
Voting has been narrowed down to the top 2 where third place has been decided. Please re-vote for Cover, January, March, May, September and/or October if you had picked third place.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Nov 29, 2022 2:00 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
I scored 5/13.
I missed the first two but ended up 9/13, I must have excellent taste!

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Nov 29, 2022 3:10 pm 
Most and least accurate voter will be revealed after all is said and done based on original vote in primary and final placement. Only 10 more hours to revote in the finals. Be sure to revote for cover and in months where third place has been called.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Nov 30, 2022 3:39 am 
Results are in (see wiki)!

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Nov 30, 2022 9:15 am 
they get better every year. up.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostWed Nov 30, 2022 11:00 am 
Tom wrote:
Results are in (see wiki)!
Where is it? The wiki has disappeared! confused.gif ~z The only calendar thread I see up is this one created by Josh in the very beginning. There was a separate Calendar thread and now it's disappeared.

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostWed Nov 30, 2022 11:34 am 
zephyr wrote:
There was a separate Calendar thread and now it's disappeared.
Had the same issue last night after midnight. Looked in the photography forum too. Then found it was in the red text which is not a common link colour. The calendar thread can be found here: https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1242168#1242168 Calendar turned out great! cool.gif It was exciting to watch it evolve. Early stages had a modest turn out followed by a huge rush of wonderful submissions.