Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Farewell to Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostThu Dec 01, 2022 9:40 pm 
A Rolling Stone quasi-interview from early this year, with an atmospheric, orchestral version of "Songbird": https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/christine-solo-collection-songbird-fleetwood-mac-1368670/

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
gb

gb
PostThu Dec 01, 2022 10:03 pm 
From her solo album of 2004, "Friend" awesome voice. Christine McVie "Friend" "Northern Star"

Brucester

Brucester
PostMon Dec 12, 2022 4:50 am 
Long ago I'd listen to my sisters record collection, The Rumours album was my first introduction to the band. As an adult "As long as you follow" is one of my favorites, it's a nice song. Remember "Tusk" from MTV?

gb

gb
PostMon Dec 12, 2022 5:13 am 
Brucester wrote:
Long ago I'd listen to my sisters record collection, The Rumours album was my first introduction to the band.
I remember at my age at the time, that I could listen to Rumours for a long time, almost mesmerized or trance-like in some strange way by the soul-wrenching and haunting voice of Christie McVie mixed with the powerful rock of the Stevie Nicks/Lindsay Buckingham songs. If I recall now, it was as if I was trying to get some deep message from the music itself. Music can have profound effects on us; sort of like being in a beautiful setting in the mountains and looking and just letting your soul become absorbed by the scene, and expecting some deeper message. I think maybe Elton John's Yellow Brick Road album had a similar but lesser effect for me. Great music is amazing.
Brucester wrote:
As an adult "As long as you follow" is one of my favorites, it's a nice song.
I think As Long As you Follow is beautiful, but doesn't affect me in that deep way. It seems like a song that could have been performed on Austin City Limits by Emmy Lou.

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostMon Dec 12, 2022 9:39 am 
gb wrote:
I remember at my age at the time, that I could listen to Rumours for a long time, almost mesmerized or trance-like in some strange way ... it was as if I was trying to get some deep message from the music itself. Music can have profound effects on us; sort of like being in a beautiful setting in the mountains and looking and just letting your soul become absorbed by the scene, and expecting some deeper message.
Yeah ... like those Moody Blues concept albums. My h.s. art teacher had someone come in and give a slideshow imagery presentation w/"Days of Future Passed" as the soundtrack. I'd never heard the Moodies before. I was mesmerized, for sure. peace.gif

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood