Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > UW volleyball
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Nov 14, 2021 5:41 pm 
UW has continued to play well. I think they had a 9 match winning streak. Got thumped at UCLA, but otherwise good. This weekend Oregon beat UCLA, so the Dawgs and Bruins are tied for first place w/ 4 matches left. They split, so I don't know how the tie breaker would work. UW swept Stanford this year, they've got a bit of a winning streak going in the series now. edit--3 of 4 matches are at home; 2 seem like gimmes w/ bottom dwelling Oregon St. and a struggling Colorado (although @ Boulder seems to give them troubles more often than not); home w/ Oregon and Washington St. could both be tough matches.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Nov 27, 2021 5:27 pm 
Pac 12 Champs! USC beat UCLA in 5 yesterday, Dawgs handled Cougs 3-1 today to win the conference outright. I think the announcement for playoff brackets is on Sunday.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Dec 09, 2021 1:48 pm 
Dawgs breezed thru 1st and 2nd round of the playoffs. Playing Texas today in Austin, 4:30 pm Pacific time, scheduled to be on ESPNU. The Longhorns are always good, tough task.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Dec 09, 2021 7:55 pm 
Sigh. Great start for the Dawgs, up 2-0, led most of the way thru Set 3 but couldn't hold off the Longhorns. Then Texas rolled in Set 4 and 5. Too bad. Gotta finish it off when you have the chance. UCLA got thumped by Wisconsin earlier. No Pac 12 teams advanced beyond the Sweet 16. Has that EVER happened before? I miss the old days when they were right there w/ the Big 10. Desperately need Stanford to get back to being Stanford. And USC to come back, they didn't even make the tournament this year.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Dec 11, 2021 6:29 pm 
2 of the teams UW beat in the playoffs last year, Louisville and Pitt, have advanced to the Final 4 this season. I think largely with the same rosters. That was an impressive run the Dawgs went on.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSat Dec 18, 2021 9:00 pm 
On the other hand the Nebraska v Wisconsin was a pretty good set.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Dec 19, 2021 12:17 pm 
Good for Wisconsin finally winning a Championship, after knocking on the door several times. Plus Nebraska didn't win, always a plus. I was hoping for the two ACC teams to advance, but didn't happen.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Dec 12, 2022 6:56 pm 
I forgot to bump this thread, missed the whole season. UW had too many injuries and went sideways after a decent start to the year. Got knocked out of the first round of the playoffs, that hardly ever happens. Today Keegan Cook left the program to take the head coaching job at Minnesota. We'll see who takes the reigns next.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Dec 12, 2022 6:59 pm 
The playoffs are down to the Final 4. There are NO Big 10 teams left. That is stunning, and I love it! There are also no Pac 12 teams. I believe there has NEVER been a Final 4 w/ neither the Big 10 or Pac 12 represented. Strange times. Stanford and Oregon both just missed it. Both lost 5 setters, both probably should've won, but didn't take advantage of their opportunities and close it out when they could've. Final 4 is Texas (yawn), Louisville, Pitt and San Diego. First ever appearance of USD, back to back for Louisville and Pitt, but probably only 2nd ever for both schools.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Aug 28, 2023 6:42 pm 
That time of year again. Dawgs already have a few matches under their belt. I looked at the roster...and I just don't know the players anymore. LONG time assistant coach Leslie Gabriel is now the head coach.