Forum Index > Trail Talk > In search of backpacking route suggestions for summer 2023
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
gwinfree

gwinfree
PostTue Dec 13, 2022 8:41 pm 
Hello, I was referred to your forum by a member of Mountaineers.org. I'm planning a 125-mile backpacking trip in late August/early September (2023), and I'm curious about making a loop between Stehekin and Ross Lake. I'm trying to find someone familiar with the area who can give me tips on combining trails and suggest a loop route. I'll have a group of three to four people with me. I am an avid hiker/backpacker who lives in Eastern Idaho, so I'm more familiar with the mountains of Idaho, Western Montana, and Wyoming.

Cyclopath
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Dec 13, 2022 9:19 pm 
You have so many wonderful choices! I would personally hike up from Ross Lake to the Harts Pass area, several trail choices there and I would need to look at trip reports to decide. From Harts take the PCT to Stehekin, and to avoid much highway walk Thunder Creek to Panther Creek seems like the best choice. That would fall short of your 125 mile goal, which is a good thing because there are lots of opportunities for side trips.

gwinfree

gwinfree
PostTue Dec 13, 2022 11:10 pm 
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check it out.

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostWed Dec 14, 2022 11:33 am 
gwinfree wrote:
Any help you can give would be appreciated.
My first suggestion is to think about your request for information and rewrite the thread title in a concise manner. Your use of "suggestions" can mean anything. I initially thought you were wanting to make suggestions about the forum in general--to ? Something like: "Requesting route suggestions for my hike in the North Cascades---next summer 2023." But that's off the top of my head. More folks are liable to click on it and give you suggestions. Best of luck on your trip with the weather and all. ~z

texasbb
Misplaced Texan

texasbb
Misplaced Texan
PostWed Dec 14, 2022 12:21 pm 
I agree with @zephyr. I clicked on the thread specifically to see what kind of complaint someone had about the website.

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostWed Dec 14, 2022 12:53 pm 
texasbb wrote:
I clicked on the thread specifically to see what kind of complaint someone had about the website.
haha! Exactly. wink.gif ~z