Forum Index > Photography Talk > Looking for a photo of the Cascades from Seattle's Capitol Hill to frame and hang in my den
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dante

Dante
PostFri Dec 16, 2022 11:49 am 
I'm hoping someone here can help me find the photo I'm looking for. I'm a poor photographer, so I can't take it myself. I've spent my whole life living in or near Seattle and hiking in the Cascades. I'd really like to have a good photo of the Cascades taken from high on Capitol Hill with Bellevue and Lake Washington in the foreground to hang in my den. The ones I've found are either taken from too low an elevation, so the mountains shrink in the background or exagerate size of the mountains. I'm looking for a photo that approximates what one sees from near the top of Capitol Hill. Searching shutterstock.com for the terms "panorama", "cascades", and "Bellevue" yields THIS IMAGE, which is close to what I want, but is taken from too low an elevation. Can anyone help me find the photo I'm looking for? Thank you! Dante

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Slim
This space for rent

Slim
This space for rent
PostTue Dec 20, 2022 1:10 pm 
I can take a picture for you say from Louisa Boren viewpoint ?

"Lean mean money-making-machines serving fiends"
RichP

RichP
PostThu Dec 22, 2022 8:44 am 
Louisa Boren is one of the better viewpoints. You might also try from the top of the tower in Volunteer Park or someplace in Lake View Cemetery though trees may obscure some of the view. Another option might be from one of the buildings at Seattle U if you can get access.

Dante

Dante
PostThu Dec 22, 2022 9:20 am 
Thank you Slim, that would be great. I appologize for the delayed response, and appreciate your generous offer. (I posted here thinking maybe someone could send me or point me to an existing photo more like the one I want than the one I linked.) I'll IM you. RichP - Thank you for your reply. I think access to a rooftop would be the key to getting exactly the image I want. I catch glimpses of it all the time when I'm up there, but it's always mostly obscured.