Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Dec 22, 2022 12:41 pm 
dixon wrote:
It seems a good deal but everytime I've gone anywhere other than Amablis the snow mobiles are a nuisance, mainly because of the fumes from the 2 stroke engines which linger in the cold air.
I'm sorry, I tried to clarify for you but left some info out: there's grooming for skiers, and grooming for snowmobiles. The sticker gets you access to Sno Parks that are groomed for skiers, you don't need the grooming sticker for snomo grooming. At least that's my understanding. Cabin Creek is groomed for skiing. This is where Amabilis is, the lower trails are a lot of fun too. If you ski. I think it would be a boring place to snowshoe, what makes it fun is twisty rolling hills that mean fast turns. Hyak and Crystal Springs are both groomed for non motorized use. You can ski or snowshoe from one to the other (about 9 miles) on the Iron Horse aka Palouse to Cascades Trail. Lake Easton is also groomed and mom motorized. Not hilly at all so I don't really go there. Kachess Lake is groomed for snowmobiles. It's pretty, but has all the annoyances you mentioned.

dixon
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
thunderhead

thunderhead
PostFri Dec 30, 2022 11:29 pm 
More sno parks are always a good idea. Sure all the legit downhill lines from that spot have a somewhat annoying approach and avy danger, but theres other uses.

joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostSat Dec 31, 2022 3:02 pm 
I love the smell of two-stroke in the morning

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat Dec 31, 2022 8:20 pm 
The snomos at the Salmon La Sac sno-park can be hilarious. To the east of the sno-park is a voluntary non-motorized area that the snomo crowd generally respects (not 100%, but pretty good) but the attitude in the sno-park can be entertaining, As I was loading up one day, a crusty sledneck asked me "did you enjoy you walk?" with dripping sarcasm in his voice.

kiliki

kiliki
PostThu Feb 09, 2023 6:20 pm 
This was a super interesting article in today's Times. It raises many good questions. https://www.seattletimes.com/life/outdoors/washingtonians-buy-sno-park-permits-in-droves-who-decides-how-the-money-is-spent/ In particular I'm wondering about the board make up. So six people from different geographic areas...and 3 snowmobilers? Why them? What about other user groups? Do we make sure the other six aren't snowmobilers and do represent other user groups?

Opus, Cyclopath
PowderPawn
Candidate

PowderPawn
Candidate
PostWed Feb 15, 2023 9:07 am 
Cool! Although I thought this was an urban terrain park for skiers and snowboarders which would have been even cooler.