Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Goodbye to Northlake Tavern
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Opus
Wannabe

Opus
Wannabe
PostSun Jan 08, 2023 10:26 pm 
Northlake Tavern is closing at the end of the month. Long-time NWHikers members may remember this place as the location for many socials before the site outgrew the space. Northlake Tavern closing at the end of January

Redwic, Mesahchie Mark, Now I Fly, Chief Joseph, Anne Elk
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostMon Jan 09, 2023 9:44 am 
Lots of good times there. Some great memories. Even a few passionate difference of opinions hockeygrin.gif BW

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Jan 09, 2023 5:37 pm 
Reading the article, the current owner is retiring, but the place will remain a pizza joint, but with a different name. Well at least it's not going to be torn down and converted to yet another multi-use high rise.

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostMon Jan 09, 2023 6:18 pm 
Might as well be converted to a high rise. Replacing it with some generic NY style pizza place is just as sacrilegious.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Jan 09, 2023 6:46 pm 
As a student loved their pizzas, a slice was enough meat for a week. When I was a student the cartoons were by Bob Cram KING TV weatherman and local skiing/climbing advocate. He also made cartoons for Freedom of the Hills. When I was there Dave Horsey was also a student. Ah the memories of the way we used to be.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
RichP

RichP
PostMon Jan 09, 2023 6:51 pm 
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Jan 09, 2023 8:20 pm 
Sore Feet wrote:
Might as well be converted to a high rise. Replacing it with some generic NY style pizza place is just as sacrilegious.
I read the Big Mario's menu for their other Seattle locations. They say "New York Style" -- but it looks nothing like the pizza menu's I read when I lived in Harlem 2015-2017. Perhaps they just mean thin crust. Seems like to properly honor the Northlake location they need to add a Northlake Special -- yes a week's worth of pork, beef and sodium in a single slice.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Jan 11, 2023 4:33 pm 
My nephew is picking me up on Friday. (Since I cant drive) I took him there this summer after he turned 21. We're going to give it one last hurrah. Im going to bring home two large combos and Im going to freeze them. LOL>

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln

Chief Joseph, JonnyQuest, RichP
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostThu Jan 12, 2023 1:14 am 
With a pizza you want it Big. You want a decent-sized deal with aggressive flavors! Big handfuls tossed on. A decent sized pizza providing large bites.

Chief Joseph
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Jan 13, 2023 6:07 pm 
As a consolation prize Russian River Brewing company will be returning to the Seattle area. Pliny the Elder has been one of my favorite brews to many years.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Waterman

Waterman
PostFri Jan 13, 2023 6:15 pm 
Another landmark goes. The Doghouse, Beths the Seafood shanty on Elliott way and many others. At least Rays and The Canlis survive.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat Jan 14, 2023 10:27 pm 
Update. My nephew and I got there ten minutes after opening time. There was probably 150 people in line! I went in and asked if I could order take out. They said, "The ovens are full, no takeout!" They looked way under staffed, and the woman behind the cash register was way over whelmed. I dont think that they thought this would happen after they advertised their closing date.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Downhill

Downhill
PostSun Jan 15, 2023 4:38 pm 
BigBrunyon wrote:
With a pizza you want it Big. You want a decent-sized deal with aggressive flavors! Big handfuls tossed on. A decent sized pizza providing large bites.
If I remember right, their large "Logger Special" tips in at 7-8 lbs!! Even when I was in my 20s I could only eat about 2-3 slices