Forum Index > Gear Talk > WTB: Older style MSR Titan 2 Liter Titanium Pot
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Snowyadventurer

Snowyadventurer
PostThu Dec 22, 2022 8:12 pm 
Hi, we are looking for an older style MSR Titan 2 liter pot for our family cold weather camping into the back country. The older style pot is wanted because it's wider than the newer Titan, and will allow us to pack our entire kitchen system inside the pot, which we can't do with the newer pot. Here's a link to the older pot: rei.com/product/649901/msr-titan-2-liter-pot. Thanks in advance!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostWed Jan 04, 2023 1:57 pm 
Honestly? Just buy a HAA pot instead. Anodized aluminium is nearly as light, and a lot cheaper. It also retains heat better (Ti goes cold quickly, and is notorious for burning food in a blink).

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.

Randito
InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostSat Jan 14, 2023 12:32 am 
MSR Titan is 2 liters 6.75 inch diameter x 4 high (reference) New Titan 2 liter is 6.1 inch diameter and 4.5 inches high. Toaks 2 liter pot is 6.75 diameter x 3 & 3/4 inches high is pretty close to original These wide pots are not great on all stoves. The Snowpeak Giga stove has wider supports for big pots. Also a canister support helps to prevent tip overs. Used to use these and bigger pots on scout high adventures, tried lots of stoves (Normally use pocket rocket myself). There is nothing scary than dumping a boiling hot water off a stove and potentially scalding someone.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...” ― Henry David Thoreau
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostSat Jan 14, 2023 2:52 pm 
InFlight wrote:
Toaks 2 liter pot is 6.75 diameter x 3 & 3/4 inches high is pretty close to origina
I think the Toaks may be your best bet. Not quite sure if a 220g/8oz canister will fit and allow the lid to fit flush. I went on a search for the perfect 1 liter pot to use and had to settle for the Evernew 1 liter Pasta Pot, which does not accommodate my canister and my stove, but it's close enough. The lid does not quite fit but it works because I use the bag that comes with it and once placed in my pack everything works just fine. EDIT:
Snowyadventurer wrote:
The older style pot is wanted because it's wider than the newer Titan, and will allow us to pack our entire kitchen system inside the pot, which we can't do with the newer pot.
OTOH, it might be easier to adjust your camp kitchen accessories than to find a pot that will hold what you have. Or you could find alternative places to store your camp kitchen stuff. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."