Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Jan 13, 2023 8:02 pm 
Inclement weather can be a great equalizer. Hopefully Walker puts on the right cleats this time and has an opportunity to run wild. I remember the game in Germany this year where he was just flopping around the entire first half until he put on the right footwear.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jan 13, 2023 8:19 pm 
I agree Tom, a friend of mine posted this POV... "The Niners are better than the Seahawks. Ergo, I think the forecast of awful weather on Saturday might be an equalizer. If you're the better team you want perfect conditions. If you're not then bad weather can be the random element that plays in your favor. Of course, the door swings both ways: the random elements have an equal probability of working against the Seahawks. The Niners like to run these dipsy doodle plays to confuse or take advantage of a mismatch on defense. Rotten weather tends to take that away since they rely on timing. A sloppy ugly game played in awful conditions sounds good to me. I still say odds are one in four of a Seahawks win. By that I mean they are pretty good.". Oddsmakers have it 70-30 in 9ers favor.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
reststep

reststep
PostSat Jan 14, 2023 2:56 pm 
Not looking good.

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSat Jan 14, 2023 4:00 pm 
Hawks makin it a game smile.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostSat Jan 14, 2023 5:03 pm 
from the best half of the year to the worst...

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Jan 14, 2023 5:36 pm 
Too bad about the fumble. If they score on that drive it's a completely different second half. Oh well they weren't going anywhere with their D. Hopefully they have a good draft.

runup
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Jan 14, 2023 6:11 pm 
Yes, the defense, ranked in the bottom 3 in the entire league and so inconsistent. But that's to be expected with so many young players who will only get better. One key I think is that Purdy had a lot of time to throw and Geno did not, which obviously contributed to both turnovers. Hopefully they will use most if not all of their draft pics on defensive players. Sounds like Geno is going to be looking for a big contract, I personally would not pay him, mostly because of salary cap space but also not sure if he might be a "One Hit Wonder", flash in the pan, etc. The future looks very bright though.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
gb

gb
PostSat Jan 14, 2023 6:52 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Yes, the defense, ranked in the bottom 3 in the entire league and so inconsistent. But that's to be expected with so many young players who will only get better. One key I think is that Purdy had a lot of time to throw and Geno did not, which obviously contributed to both turnovers.
I have to laugh when announcers extoll the talents of some quarterback, college or Pro, who basically never has a defender get within five yards of him. At that age, I could have thrown those same passes. It is the good scrambling quarterbacks like Mahomes who have the real talent. (or a long ago Russell Wilson)

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Jan 14, 2023 8:51 pm 
I agree and Geno is expecting a big payday which I don't think one good season justifies. If the Hawks pay him more than 30 mill, 35 at the total maximum, I will be disappointed. I really don't expect him to be around here next season unless he doesn't get the type of offers from other teams that he wants. Wilson was good until he gained weight and lost some quickness, which in today's NFL, speed and quickness at the QB position is necessary for much success. Look at Matt Ryan, he had some good seasons as a pure pocket passer, but he is like a statue back there and gets sacked way to often.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Jan 14, 2023 11:06 pm 
Geno is good. They will pay him for 2 years my guess. Not sure Walker is the future at running back. He's talented but just seems to juke around too much. They can't rely on him when they just need to pound out a few yards and really need a bruiser like Penny, if he wasn't so prone to injury. It kind of surprised me today that they didn't stick with the run when the game was close, especially near the goal line with momentum just before the fumble.

half fast

half fast
PostSun Jan 15, 2023 9:06 am 
Tom wrote:
It kind of surprised me today that they didn't stick with the run when the game was close, especially near the goal line with momentum just before the fumble.
Maybe you all are seeing something I don't... IMHO their running game only works when the offensive line actually makes blocks and holes to run through. Which does not happen all that much and why Walker (who I think is a very good running back) has to shift the play as the hole that is supposed to be there isn't!

It's all about the fun, oh and maybe the chocolate - half fast
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostSun Oct 15, 2023 1:20 pm 
That game was like watching the Mariners. Bases loaded 1 out and no one scores. Ball inside the 10 and no one scores.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Oct 17, 2023 12:10 am 
Geno had a horrible game, 2 INT's and threw for only 159 yards. He also stayed in the pocket too long thus taking multiple sacks. He also missed open receivers such as DK wide open near the goal line. But hey everyone has an off day...however, I hope he enjoyed his Pro Bowl appearance last year as it will likely be his first and last. The Bengals are tough though so give them credit too, their defense really stepped up when it needed to.