Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seattle school district sues tech giants under state nuisance law
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
neek

neek
PostTue Jan 31, 2023 3:10 pm 
Sculpin wrote:
Because "educated" begins with a vowel, reasonable folks might disagree about the use of the hyphen in this particular case but writing it as two separate words is clearly wrong.
It would be proper to include a comma after "case", since the "but" is joining two fragments that could stand on their own as complete sentences.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Jan 31, 2023 3:19 pm 
I refer all such questions to Kim but she is busy with taxes now.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
reststep

reststep
PostTue Jan 31, 2023 3:32 pm 
Kim was on here an hour ago in a different thread.

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Jan 31, 2023 5:11 pm 
Personally thing I liked least about the school issues were all the people agonizing about kids "falling behind" -- falling behind who? The pandemic was a global event negatively affecting every child on the planet. Who are the kids falling behind? I suppose those people that believe that long division needs to be taught at week 16 of 4th grade , perhaps falling behind the schedule is a problem. IME both as a student, parent and grandparent, self-paced learning is my preferred method and educational structures that support students learning as fast or as slow as they are capable of are desirable.

Anne Elk
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostTue Jan 31, 2023 5:32 pm 
Sarbar, congratulations that home-schooling was appropriate for your family. It's not a viable option for many families. Sorry that you have had bad experiences with public education. However, you are just flat wrong when you stated
Quote:
Schools in Wa state are rotting from inside.
I have worked in education all over the world, in various districts in Washington and the last 29 years in Cashmere teaching elementary English language learners. My own 3 children were educated in the Cascade (Leavenworth) school district and well-prepared enough to become eventual college graduates. I have experienced nothing but the most dedicated teachers and administrators. We could not wait to get off Zoom and Chromebooks and back to person-to-person teaching after an actual pandemic subsided. So please don't paint with such a broad brush regarding all the schools in Washington.

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)

fourteen410