Forum Index > Gear Talk > Durston X-Mid Pro 1
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
schifferj

schifferj
PostMon Jan 23, 2023 2:39 pm 
The Durston X-Mid Pro 1P (Dyneema Composite Fabric) tent is going to be released tomorrow, January 24. I've sure enjoyed my standard fabric X-mid. It is a great tent. I'm guessing the Pro will be even better. Durston X-mid Pro 1

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Opus
Wannabe

Opus
Wannabe
PostMon Jan 23, 2023 4:13 pm 
Second recommendation for the X-Mid 1P sil-poly version. I've been very happy with mine.

Chief Joseph
Bowregard

Bowregard
PostTue Jan 24, 2023 11:23 pm 
I have an X-Mid (silpoly) 2P and X-Mid PRO 2P (Dyneema). The weight reduction on the Dyneema version is accomplished with a combination of lighter material, Design (2 wall versus 1.5 wall), and size (slightly reduced area). I assume the same applies to the 1P. The size reduction on the 2P makes it just 48in. wide (internal width) which is pretty minimal for a 2P tent. The Dyneema version also does not compact as well as silpoly so although it is lighter the packed size is nearly the same. All-in-all I think the design is a good balance of size to weight. The Dyneema version is tight but viable for 2 if the weight is really critical and makes a roomy and light weight tent for one. I expect the extra ounces dropped from the 1P includes similar trade-offs.

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostWed Jan 25, 2023 11:33 am 
Reddit (/r/ultralight) really loves these Durston tents. I've been thinking about buying a 2P model to replace my MSR Hubba Hubba which is admittedly not ultralight. But every time I try to they're sold out. Is it worth it? How do they do in wind and rain? My Hubba Hubba seems to be able to withstand anything I've thrown at it... including downpours, heavy wind, light snow, and about 75 nights of use so far.

hbb

hbb
PostWed Feb 01, 2023 11:17 am 
zimmertr wrote:
I've been thinking about buying a 2P model to replace my MSR Hubba Hubba which is admittedly not ultralight. But every time I try to they're sold out.
The 2P tents have been in stock for months--you could order one right now. The 2P Pro version is on backorder, but generally ships within a few weeks of ordering.

zimmertr
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostWed Feb 01, 2023 11:53 am 
Thanks! I had no idea. Every other time I've looked everything has been sold out. I just backordered the 2P Pro!

schifferj

schifferj
PostThu Feb 02, 2023 11:27 am 
zimmertr wrote:
Thanks! I had no idea. Every other time I've looked everything has been sold out. I just backordered the 2P Pro!
If the 2P pro model sells as fast as the 1P pro they'll be gone in less than 24 hours. FWIW the standard models of the X-mid are constructed of Polyester which doesn't sag in rain and doesn't absorb water.

Opus, zimmertr
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostThu Feb 02, 2023 11:30 am 
schifferj wrote:
FWIW the standard models of the X-mid are constructed of Polypropylene which doesn't sag in rain and doesn't absorb water.
I went back and forth on which to buy. I figured if I was trying to buy an ultralight tent I might as well buy the lightest one. If rain is forecasted I can always bring my Hubba Hubba instead. I'm excited about dropping my base weight by 3lbs!

hbb

hbb
PostThu Feb 02, 2023 1:25 pm 
zimmertr wrote:
I just backordered the 2P Pro!
I ordered one about a week ago, and it's already shipped.