Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > State Farm shenanigans
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostTue Feb 07, 2023 7:49 am 
I figured two estimates were enough. I live a rural area so it’s difficult to get contractors to come out this way. Maybe the contractors factor that in their estimate? I’ll take Tom’s advise and file a complaint. But so far what I’ve read here sounds like this is how they manage all claims, not just mine. By lowballing. So wouldn’t everyone be writing complaints ? But then you hear of people who have had entire houses repaired and been happy with their company. I already talked to Pemco and I’ll be saving $700 per year for the exact same policy! And saving another $300 in car insurance.

Anne Elk
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Feb 07, 2023 10:43 am 
Anne Elk wrote:
]FWIW those repair estimates both sound outrageous. It doesn't look like that much structural damage. Maybe you can find some small time contractor or repairman (but licensed and insured) who would do it. Inquire around at some small neighborhood hardware store. I've found good people that way. I also agree with Tom - I'd try the insurance commissioner first - less headache if successful.
I was thinking the same thing. My Mom had a handyman here that was way cheaper than most because he was always hurting for money, especially in the winter time. I bought some firewood from the same guy this year for much less than most would charge.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message