Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Curious about who's looking over your on-line shoulder?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
jinx'sboy

jinx'sboy
PostMon Feb 20, 2023 11:02 pm 
As someone not extra tech savvy in the online world….I found this interesting. Like their starting page says - Enter the address of any website, and Blacklight will scan it and reveal the specific user-tracking technologies on the site—and who’s getting your data. https://themarkup.org/blacklight One journalist used this to bust online pharmacies for selling customer info to Google on people buying over the counter abortion pills, for instance. Does the FBI or police organizations buy info like that too? Don’t be silly….!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Feb 21, 2023 2:05 pm 
I ran this tool against nwhikers.net out of curiosity, and was very pleased to see absolutely nothing suspicious at all. Not surprised, but still pleased. I sent it to other sites I visit and was not happy with the results. I'm still reading their methodology and am generally impressed with their effort, but dismayed at the state of surveillance capitalism.

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostWed Feb 22, 2023 4:24 pm 
Always assume you are being watched, monitored and your info is being packaged up and sold to the highest bidder. Even on "secured" chats such as Telegram. It's the world we live in. Anything you need to say that is personal or to be secure, you need to be standing in the wilds, no technology on you.

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostWed Feb 22, 2023 10:56 pm 
sarbar wrote:
Always assume you are being watched, monitored and your info is being packaged up and sold to the highest bidder. Even on "secured" chats such as Telegram. It's the world we live in. Anything you need to say that is personal or to be secure, you need to be standing in the wilds, no technology on you.
Make sure you're away from the trail zones! Don't vocalize personal information such as bank information or SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS on big name/permit-based approaches. Same guys paralleling the trail 15 m off camo'd up crawling in the dirt to get in to the Core Zone no permit also got ears!! And RECORDING TECHNOLOGY EQUIPMENT!!! These guys are often times recording on 8 track handheld devices when they're paralleling the trail 15m off camo'd up big crawling in the dirt to get in.

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu Feb 23, 2023 9:32 am 
You might think I am paranoid. I am not. It's the reality of choosing to use a phone or a computer. Your metrics are worth something, to someone. What sites you visit, what ads you click on, what you buy. It's why FB is nothing but ads these days, and you don't see many posts from friends anymore.

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Feb 23, 2023 1:25 pm 
I don't worry too much. I'm in for the $5 I get from the class action.