Forum Index > Trail Talk > Hidden Lake Lookout Thread
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostTue Feb 28, 2023 4:44 pm 
Can you please unlock it? Purdy please with brown sugar on top! I have 1 last comment and it's super duper important! ( btw, what took so long for the brass to show up over there ) ( btw #2. That's not my super duper important 1 last comment )

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Feb 28, 2023 5:12 pm 

jaysway, SpookyKite89, Randito  hbb
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
hbb

hbb
PostTue Feb 28, 2023 7:14 pm 
That thread reminded me of Cascade Climbers 15-20 years ago.

mosey, Bronco, ale_capone
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Feb 28, 2023 10:08 pm 
I wish they would leave threads like that up, this place could use a bit of flavor from time to time.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
ale_capone

ale_capone
PostTue Feb 28, 2023 10:48 pm 
hbb wrote:
One of my old time favorites. Maybe a current discussion of its own. At the time of post, you could smoke in a bar, and weed was illegal. https://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/topic/7532-muir-on-saturday/

idoru  hbb, mosey
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Feb 28, 2023 11:01 pm 
Still illegal in Muir Hut ace.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn

mosey
idoru

idoru
PostTue Feb 28, 2023 11:08 pm 
ale_capone wrote:
https://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/topic/7532-muir-on-saturday/
Quote:
Page 1 of 51
Amazing. lol.gif

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostWed Mar 01, 2023 12:41 am 
They were claiming my posts were theirs!!! Trying to TAKE from me!!! If you claim my posts, I will enforce by INCRYPTING the data!!!!! And the various Metadata releases.

pula58

pula58
PostWed Mar 01, 2023 9:53 am 
My opinion: The value of courtesy can't be over emphasized. It is the "grease" that prevents excess interpersonal friction. When courtesy disappears things get ugly very quickly. And NwHikers has a policy on this: "You agree to consider whether your contribution adds value to this site each and every time you post. Is it positive? Is it helpful? Will it make people want to return to this site and be part of this community? If not don't post. Nothing wrong with healthy debate but keep it civil, refrain from personal attacks, and remember this site is what you choose to make it." The above is from this: https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7976546

rossb, GaliWalker, Gil
Gil

Gil
PostWed Mar 01, 2023 10:38 am 
I have to admit I haven't always followed these rules. Thank you for the reminder to do so.

Friends help the miles go easier. Klahini

Chief Joseph
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Mar 01, 2023 2:28 pm 
pula58 wrote:
"You agree to consider whether your contribution adds value to this site each and every time you post. Is it positive? Is it helpful? Will it make people want to return to this site and be part of this community? If not don't post. Nothing wrong with healthy debate but keep it civil, refrain from personal attacks, and remember this site is what you choose to make it."
Boring! clown.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.

Bootpathguy  rossb
hbb

hbb
PostWed Mar 01, 2023 3:57 pm 
ale_capone wrote:
hbb wrote:
One of my old time favorites. Maybe a current discussion of its own. At the time of post, you could smoke in a bar, and weed was illegal. https://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/topic/7532-muir-on-saturday/
That's classic Cascade Climbers right there!

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Mar 01, 2023 11:54 pm 
21 years ago gawd I’m old.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn

Chief Joseph
jaysway

jaysway
PostFri Mar 03, 2023 10:41 am 
Initially I thought the poster of that thread was a troll, but that person appears to have used their real name in their username and after doing a bit of searching I believe the person isn't a troll, although some of their latest posts were...entertaining. NWAC gives considerable danger near and above treeline today with an outlook of the same for tomorrow, and the forecasting tool that I use estimates that Hidden Lake Peaks got almost two feet of snow over the last 24 hours. I hope and very much doubt that the poster of that thread is going up to the lookout. I would guess that instead they are doing some resort riding right now!

idoru
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostFri Mar 03, 2023 11:43 am 
FWIW Resort riding at Alpental yesterday was fun, but they didn't open until 11AM due to unstable wind slabs that needed to be mitigated. There was avy debris from control work to ski over in the usual places.