Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > RIP, Repo Man
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Mar 02, 2023 8:43 pm 
In the future, if you ever fall behind on your payments for your ridiculously overpriced car, it may not be the repo men that come a-knocking. Instead, your set of wheels may simply drive itself back to the dealership. And yes, believe it or not, that's the gist of an actual patent filed by Ford, first spotted by our colleagues at The Drive. Initially submitted in 2021, the patent, titled "Systems and Methods to Repossess a Vehicle," was published last week by the US Patent Office. While not approved yet, the system described in the patent is about as deranged as it sounds. Ford envisions it being capable of outright disabling different functions in your vehicle, dispensed as increasing tiers of forewarning punishment. First, it could nix your power windows and lock you out of parts of your infotainment system. If that still doesn't get your attention, you'll next lose your air conditioning and the ability to automatically lock and unlock doors. That's only the tip of how obnoxious it can get, though. Ford could make your car blare an "incessant and unpleasant sound" every time you enter it, and eventually, lock you out entirely. https://futurism.com/the-byte/ford-patent-cars-repossess-themselves lol.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Mar 02, 2023 8:44 pm 
I mean, people should pay their bills, but I'm laughing at the idea of cars forcing jazz on motorists as punishment for falling behind. moon.gif

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Mar 02, 2023 9:58 pm 
Truck Reposessed Blues By ChatGPT Verse 1: I had a pickup truck, my pride and joy We rode through the dirt and the mud, oh boy It was my trusty steed, my best friend But now it's gone, I'm at my wit's end Chorus: My truck left me, it repossessed itself I was so late on payments, couldn't help myself Now I'm stranded here, with nothing to do Just singing this country song, feeling so blue Verse 2: I remember when I first got it Brand new tires and shiny paint, I loved it I drove it all around, showing it off But now it's gone, taken by the repo man's scoff Chorus: My truck left me, it repossessed itself I was so late on payments, couldn't help myself Now I'm stranded here, with nothing to do Just singing this country song, feeling so blue Bridge: I thought I could make the payments on time But life got tough, I fell behind Now my truck is gone, and I'm alone Trying to figure out how to get back home Chorus: My truck left me, it repossessed itself I was so late on payments, couldn't help myself Now I'm stranded here, with nothing to do Just singing this country song, feeling so blue Outro: I may have lost my truck, but I'll find a way To get it back or find another one someday Until then, I'll keep on singing my song About a guy and his truck, it won't be long.

BW
FiveNines

FiveNines
PostFri Mar 03, 2023 6:49 pm 
Sad to see real art co-opted by 2nd rate computer nonsense. I'm thirsty. Let's get a Drink.

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostFri Mar 03, 2023 7:34 pm 
There’s one in every car. Life of a repo man always intense. Right up there with THX1138.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!