Forum Index > Trail Talk > Cedar ponds lake environs
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostSat Mar 18, 2023 8:30 pm 
I stumbled across this lake today. I was on Sierra Paciific Industries land (at least I think I was). I followed some logging roads paying attention to not venture down any side roads that said “no trespassing “. I ended up at this unnamed lake on the map . I had this feeling that perhaps I’d ventured onto private land. Does anyone know this area? I was at the lake that doesn’t show a road.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
mosey

mosey
PostSat Mar 18, 2023 8:41 pm 
Unfortunately those lakes are entirely private shoreline and the non-vacation homes are occupied by unfriendly residents that have a lot of learned caution from being in a remote area off hwy 2, and also a general hatred of fishermen snooping around. Your map is facing south so this is upside down, but this shows your Cedar Ponds Lake as Dodson Lake. You probably went to tomtit, which has a single owner. The lake near hatfield's daughter hill is private timber land, so probably no sanctioned access but also no homeowners to chase you away with shotguns.. You can find it on the parcel viewer here (the chain of lakes is pretty obvious southeast of Monroe) but any useful contact information is hidden behind "LOST LAKE CEDAR PONDS LLC" @ PO BOX 1126, STANWOOD, WA 98292 so I'm not sure what pass is needed if any. Has changed hands from Weyerhauser to Hancock and who knows now https://snohomishcountywa.gov/5414/Interactive-Map-SCOPI

zimmertr
Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostSat Mar 18, 2023 9:06 pm 
Thanks for the info. Very useful. I will check with the land manager for Sierra Pacific since I have his cell phone number. Tomtit lake was quite beautiful on a day that I did not want to be in snow.

Schroder

Schroder
PostSun Mar 19, 2023 7:51 am 
The road up from Cedar Ponds Lake used to be an access point to the Weyerhaeuser Mainline Road that took you all the way to the mill in Snoqualmie. Too many people were taking old cars to the top of the cliff above Dagger Lake and rolling them off when they finally gated that road.

RichP

RichP
PostTue Mar 28, 2023 8:44 am 
I was out biking yesterday just southwest of there. Lots of public state land prior to reaching Campbell Global territory.
Upper Falls on Cherry Ck
Upper Falls on Cherry Ck

mosey