Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > NCAA Tourney 2023
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Mar 23, 2023 9:30 pm 
Malachai Constant wrote:
Wow zags win great game
What an amazing game....and yet again they tried to throw it away at the end, give me a frickin' heart attack! They had better play better than that against UConn. I would have hated for UCLA to win, being as short handed as they are, I doubt they would have beat anyone going forward. I am really confused about the end though, Strawther makes the 3 pointer to put them up by 2, so why was he shooting 2 free throws at the end? I must have missed something?

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
raising3hikers

raising3hikers
PostThu Mar 23, 2023 9:33 pm 
Can't believe they blew a huge lead with a minute left but came back to win it!!

Eric Eames
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Mar 23, 2023 9:34 pm 
Strange game. Zags absolutely kicked their ass for about 17 1/2 minutes after halftime, then tried really hard to give it away, then decided they wanted to win after all. UCLA fans will be having nightmares about playing the Zags in the Tourney for a long time. I think that's 3 in a row, including 2 in a row w/ a late 3 to win it.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Mar 23, 2023 9:35 pm 
Florida Atlantic in the Elite 8? Anybody call that before the Tourney started? Or Kansas St.?

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Mar 23, 2023 10:05 pm 
GeoTom wrote:
Chief Joseph wrote:
I am really confused about the end though, Strawther makes the 3 pointer to put them up by 2, so why was he shooting 2 free throws at the end? I must have missed something?
After UCLA's inbounds pass and drive upcourt, a Gonzaga player stole the ball, passed to Strawther who was then fouled.
Ok, for some reason it didn't go through on the DVR, just saw the replay of the play I missed, what a steal by Strawther on UCLA's possession after his 3 pointer! Funny, the sportscasters are all going off about his shot, but no mention at all about his great defensive play just after.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostFri Mar 24, 2023 1:52 pm 
Hailey Van Lith is on stage tonight with the Louisville women. I guess quite a crowd from Cashmere could show up in Seattle. smile.gif

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Mar 24, 2023 5:55 pm 
Wow, Alabama is out now too.

Malachai Constant
borank
Lake dork

borank
Lake dork
PostFri Mar 24, 2023 6:28 pm 
No #1s make it to the Elite 8 - for the first time. Wow!

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Mar 24, 2023 10:53 pm 
I was disappointed to see Alabama lose, I think they were the best team athletically, but not a lot of offensive flow, just great athletes making plays. I think they were the best team they just had a horrible shooting game. They shot 3-27 from 3 point range and their freshman star Miller was 3-19 and 1-10 on 3's. So hard to predict this year but I will go out on a limb and say that either UConn and Texas will be in the final with Texas winning, although I'm really not counting out the Zags or any team at this point.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Mar 25, 2023 7:43 am 
UConn/Gonzaga winner will be the best team left for sure.

Chief Joseph
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Mar 25, 2023 10:00 am 
The brackets are getting lopsided. UConn, Gonzaga, Texas and Miami will put one team between them in the championship game. FAU, Creighton, K State and San Diego State will provide the other team.

borank
Lake dork

borank
Lake dork
PostSat Mar 25, 2023 10:45 am 
2,3,4,5 vs 3,5,6,9. Maybe this will be similar to the last time no 1s made the final 4 - in 2011 when #3 UConn beat #8 Butler. Since the tourney expanded in '85, the lowest seed to win was #8 SEED FINAL FOUR CHAMP GAME NATIONAL CHAMP 1 60 37 24 2 32 12 5 3 17 12 4 4 13 3 1 5 7 3 0 6 3 2 1 7 3 1 1 8 6 4 1 9 1 0 0 10 1 0 0 11 5 0 0 12 0 0 0 13 0 0 0 14 0 0 0 15 0 0 0 16 0 0 0

Slugman
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Mar 25, 2023 12:56 pm 
UConn in 2014 was the 7 seed, I’d have to look up who the 8 was. I know UConn kept two #8s off the list by beating Butler then Kentucky in 2011 and 2014.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSat Mar 25, 2023 8:13 pm 
Well that was sad.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Mar 25, 2023 10:01 pm 
Ya, reminded me of the Championship game against Baylor a few years back. You can't shoot below 20% on 3's and typically expect to win, unless you take few of them and have a good mid range game, which I think is a lost art of sorts (remember Bernard King?)....Alabama had the same problem. I am all about Florida Atlantic, would be so cool if they went all the way.