Forum Index > Trip Reports > Fat Dog Mountain BC 4/23/2023
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stefan

Stefan
PostMon Apr 24, 2023 9:50 am 
Rain was in the forecast for most of the wetside. Not for the east. This peak is east of Allison Pass. Manning Park, BC. Spitting rain...once in a while. Probably precipitated about 10% of the time...and not heavy at all. Greg and I left from near the second bridge east of Allison Pass. There is construction on that bridge, and we were parked next to the highway further east. This route is basically the directissima to the top of the peak. The bottom 600 feet sucks. Downed trees everywhere. With unconsolidated snow in between these trees. Takes time. Frustrating. At some point the downed trees are left gone and a ridge will come into place. A nice ridge. We took the ridge up until we hit a rock wall, then went left at the rock wall until we found a break in the rock wall and then we went up and to the right. At some point about 250ft of elevation before the top, we ditched the snowshoes and went up a steep snow filled couloir and then up to summit plateau area. No views. Cloud ceiling was too low. 4.5 hours round trip.

Art is an adventure.

raising3hikers
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sculpin

Sculpin
PostMon Apr 24, 2023 2:02 pm 
Stefan wrote:
"No, I don't think so, I'm pretty sure we are still on Fat Dog." clown.gif

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message