Forum Index > Trail Talk > Catalytic convertor stolen at Cableline TH
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Apr 25, 2023 7:03 am 
Heads up, a friend had theirs stolen last night after work. They usually do it in 45 min. curse.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn

breadcrumb
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
thunderhead

thunderhead
PostTue Apr 25, 2023 10:58 am 
The cat theft or their cableline time was 45 mins? Cableline RT in 45 minutes is a damn fine time. But ya that trailhead, right off the interstate with 0 cameras(and such terrible leadership such that even if they were caught they would almost certainly face 0 consequences) is always going to catch the attention of every fentanyl zombie around. Be careful when arriving or returning to your car and dont bring a prius.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Apr 25, 2023 11:24 am 
Cableline time they are young

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
huron

huron
PostTue Apr 25, 2023 12:33 pm 
Too bad. Bottom lot? 6pm or so?

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostTue Apr 25, 2023 12:56 pm 
I hope Malachai is talking about their uphill time and not roundtrip time or I've got some work to do lol. My best time is 49 minutes. But as far as I know the fastest known time is 22 minutes up. So 45 round trip would be very competitive and quite literally running up and down. Do you happen to know if they were street parked or parked in the Cable Line pullout? I always street park in hopes that it gives the jerks less ability to hide their nefarious ways. In the pullout, however, it's much easier for someone to conceal themself.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Apr 25, 2023 1:33 pm 
Up hill time was 45 and we were there she went by like a rocket with Rocket the wonder dog. We usually park on the road also. The car was a Lexus Hybrid. Would be around 5:30 to 6pm.

zimmertr
breadcrumb

breadcrumb
PostTue Apr 25, 2023 2:07 pm 
Malachai Constant wrote:
Heads up, a friend had theirs stolen last night after work. They usually do it in 45 min. curse.gif
https://forms.gle/xti8y5VQ65QsEniW8

Fedor

Fedor
PostTue Apr 25, 2023 5:19 pm 
They must be some brazen thieves. I parked there around 6:15 last night and there was a lot of activity with people coming, going and standing around talking. I suppose the close proximity of i90 must obscure the noise from their saw. Nice to see mulch piles ready to be hauled up. The crossing of the powerline trail has turned into quite a mud pit.
zimmertr wrote:
But as far as I know the fastest known time is 22 minutes up.
That's pretty impressive. Twice as fast as my fastest time. I seem to average 50-55. I've never tried running up the flats. Looking at FKT's is humbling.

zimmertr
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostTue Apr 25, 2023 8:34 pm 
Fedor wrote:
That's pretty impressive. Twice as fast as my fastest time. I seem to average 50-55. I've never tried running up the flats. Looking at FKT's is humbling.
It's wild. It's literally running. Here it is on FKT: https://fastestknowntime.com/fkt/dan-kraft-cable-line-trail-wa-2016-09-27 And a screenshot of the segment leaderboard on Strava too
My 49 was the only time I've ever tried to run the flats. And I wasn't really fresh that day or anything. I think maybe with a couple months of training I could dip into the 30s. The 20s though? Yeah right haha

Flickr | Strava

Fedor
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostWed Apr 26, 2023 7:21 am 
as keeping with the theme here 'thieves' now watching two united states supreme court justices, supposedly the most law abiding citizens we have, now under investigation for failure to report financial transactions. I guess it may be biblical' hard to find an honest man'!!!!

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Apr 26, 2023 9:37 am 
zimmertr wrote:
My 49 was the only time I've ever tried to run the flats. And I wasn't really fresh that day or anything. I think maybe with a couple months of training I could dip into the 30s. The 20s though? Yeah right haha
Where's that Justsomehiker guy? He could probably do the RT in under 30... clown.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostSat May 13, 2023 12:02 pm 
Joseph Gray set a new record yesterday during Tiger Claw. 21:00. Unreal. https://www.strava.com/activities/9060519822

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat May 13, 2023 1:11 pm 
zimmertr wrote:
Joseph Gray set a new record yesterday during Tiger Claw. 21:00. Unreal. https://www.strava.com/activities/9060519822
Still much slower than the fastest time for a Sawzall assisted catalytic converter "recycling" operation.

zimmertr
pimaCanyon

pimaCanyon
PostTue May 16, 2023 9:28 am 
seems like there ought to be a business opportunity (and a revenge opportunity). What could we rig up to the exhaust system/cat converter that would backfire on cat converter thieves?

It's never too late to have a happy childhood
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue May 16, 2023 9:33 am 
The State of Texas recently enacted effective legislation to curb thefts of catalytic converters which puts the onus on the scrap dealers to require valid identification when purchasing used converters. Washington State Legislators unfortunately lack the spine to stand up to the scrap metal dealers lobby. The worst part of this is realizing the fact that we are behind Texas on anything.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."