Forum Index > Trail Talk > Owner & dog shot and killed in Lewis Co.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Apr 22, 2023 12:08 pm 
No it didn't. Just some additional info on that breed. Not all are harmless. The main point for me would be that anybody who carries a thing that must not be named, anywhere, should at least know to identify what they are going to shoot prior to pulling the trigger. This was a basic safety f--- up and ought to be prosecuted just for that. That gun owner was just plain stupid and if I were in charge of the world, he'd never have another weapon. I'd also ban him from the woods as he is too stupid and scared to venture out. That's not going to happen in the real world.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities

Randito, Anne Elk, Waterman
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
NightOwl

NightOwl
PostSat Apr 22, 2023 2:15 pm 
It does sound like a case of a kid with a lot of fear who thinks shooting first is how you deal with it. It seems to be a common pathology with gun nuts. I've had people threaten to "drop" me on sight for being on their property. I'm not even anti-gun, just anti-violent craziness, childishness and cowardice, which America produces in great abundance.

kiliki
trestle

trestle
PostSat Apr 22, 2023 6:31 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
Not sure who won the election
Snaza won.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostSat Apr 22, 2023 8:56 pm 
... meanwhile a man and his puppy are dead for no good reason and nobody is held accountable. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."

kiliki, gb, Randito
gb

gb
PostSun Apr 23, 2023 9:03 am 
fourteen410 wrote:
treeswarper wrote:
Heelers, and that is the breed in the picture, are on my most likely to bite list. MY list. They tend to sneak up from behind and nip you.
Assuming the shooter's story is true (unlikely), this had nothing to do with the dog nipping anyone.
Yeah the young murderer would have had wounds to prove he acted in "self defense". By the way I've been bitten by two dogs and I didn't kill any dogs or people.

grannyhiker

grannyhiker
PostMon Apr 24, 2023 5:04 pm 
https://www.koin.com/news/washington/protesters-demand-justice-in-2022-death-of-portland-hiker/ Not only were friends of the deceased protesting, but also some concerned Lewis Coungy residents.

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.--E.Abbey
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostMon Apr 24, 2023 9:01 pm 
I'm glad they're keeping the pressure on.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Apr 25, 2023 11:27 am 
Too bad about Snaza winning. He sure was right there when it was RUMORED that a group was on the way to destroy The Sign. (trying to avoid being political). Much more important than a shooting. FYI. During a flood event, a deputy was disappointed to find thet he was trapped in the East part of the County by floodwaters. They prefer to leave it unmanned. The east part is used to kinda handling stuff on their own. Or was. Packwood is getting gentrified.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostTue Apr 25, 2023 1:24 pm 
Here's the book written by a retired Lewis County detective regarding the shady sheriff's department. Where Murderers Walk Free: Who will be the next victim?

kiliki

kiliki
PostTue Apr 25, 2023 1:30 pm 
^^^ How many have there been??? It's disappointing to say the least that this is still getting no coverage in the Sea/Tac/Oly press/news.

fourteen410

fourteen410
PostTue Apr 25, 2023 1:40 pm 
I doubt we'll ever know. But the Ronda Reynolds case was another screw up that received a bit more attention. I believe there was a 48 Hours episode. From what I've gathered, friends/family have reached out to Dateline and crime podcasts (other than murder in the rain) to no avail. It is odd.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Apr 25, 2023 1:42 pm 
Hate to say it but Lewis County has been kinda that way since the Lynching of Wesley Everett in 1919.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Bosterson

Bosterson
PostWed May 03, 2023 7:16 pm 
Thank goodness this happened, because the whole story here was starting to make too much sense! uhh.gif https://www.chronline.com/stories/aron-christensen-case-report-suggests-second-wound-on-buzzo-the-dog-occurred-after-death,318682

Go! Take a gun! And a dog! Without a leash! Chop down a tree! Start a fire! Piss wherever you want! Build a cairn! A HUGE ONE! BE A REBEL! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE! (-bootpathguy)
Bosterson

Bosterson
PostWed May 03, 2023 7:38 pm 
Turns out there's more - the Chronicle has been busy the past couple weeks and are very on top of this. Good on them for continuing to follow up on something that could easily have been forgotten about. This answers one of the questions we've all been wondering:
Quote:
The only connection between the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office and the primary suspect, Ethan Asbach, is that a captain’s nephew works at the same business where Asbach is employed, Snaza said, claiming that “there was nothing more to it.” He said that the captain’s nephew and Asbach are not close and said the captain “didn’t even know about any of this” before rumors about the connection began circulating online.
https://www.chronline.com/stories/do-i-wish-it-was-different-absolutely-sheriffs-office-addresses-investigation-into-death,317392 And here's another bit of real clarification:
Quote:
According to Quinn’s evaluation, Christensen had been experiencing an acute myocardial infarction, a heart attack, for approximately 6 to 12 hours prior to his death. She said this was clear to her both on visual and microscopic evaluation. Quinn also said it’s possible the growling sound was coming from Christensen suffering from a heart attack. However, she determined the bullet found inside him caused his death.
https://www.chronline.com/stories/records-from-prosecutors-office-cast-new-light-on-lcsos-investigation-into-death-of-aron,317804 And this from their piece about the coroner's office:
Quote:
Citing Quinn’s autopsy report, McLeod said Christensen was alive for two to four hours between when he was shot and when he died. That timeframe contradicts the statements made by the primary suspect, 20-year-old Ethan M. Asbach of Tenino, and was not addressed in reports by Lewis County Sheriff’s Office detectives. The bullet wound itself did not appear to be immediately fatal, McLeod said, “but there was an acute MI going on … and there was a delay in getting medical help, so those are all contributing factors.”
https://www.chronline.com/stories/lewis-county-coroners-office-details-investigation-into-2022-death-of-aron-christensen,317803

Go! Take a gun! And a dog! Without a leash! Chop down a tree! Start a fire! Piss wherever you want! Build a cairn! A HUGE ONE! BE A REBEL! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE! (-bootpathguy)
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostWed May 03, 2023 11:32 pm 
Thanks for the continued updates. I'm also glad the paper is keeping the pressure on. I noticed this picture in one of the articles. The caption said it was one of the last pictures on Aron's phone before he died. Is this Gertrude Lake?