Forum Index > Food & Grub > Trying to go graham crackers as cereal it gets too soggy too quick!!!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostMon May 01, 2023 11:43 pm 
Trying to go graham crackers for cereal. Using specifically the "Annie's" chocolate offering that can be found at various retail stores. In stock at stores!!!! Gets too soggy too quick!!! They need to make it so it lasts longer for when you're trying to go graham crackers for cereal!!! An outrage!!

zimmertr
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostTue May 02, 2023 8:31 am 
You need Chevy Chase.

mosey
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostWed May 03, 2023 11:30 pm 
Went frosted flakes. Wasn't as bad. The Graham crackers experience was UNACCEPTABLE!!!! they need to make improvements!!!

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu May 11, 2023 9:08 am 
Make dumb decisions, eat dumb soggy meals. Lol. But an A+ for trolling. I hear Elmer's Glue is thick and rich for cereal! Extra horse protein is the key!

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.

Navy salad, Anne Elk
nuclear_eggset

nuclear_eggset
PostSun Jul 02, 2023 11:09 pm 
I know I'm late to this party, but Simple Mills makes a cinnamon graham cracker like cracker (Simple Mills "Sweet Thins") that hold up relatively well to a few minutes in milk. I had kinda hoped they'd get soggier the time I tried it out. (It was still tasty.)

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostMon Jul 03, 2023 12:23 pm 
Does no one else remember Teddy Grahams cereal? Is this an example of the Mandela Effect?

RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostFri Oct 06, 2023 12:45 pm 
Did you know ... "The graham cracker was inspired by the preaching of Sylvester Graham, who was part of the 19th-century temperance movement. He believed that minimizing pleasure and stimulation of all kinds, including the prevention of masturbation, coupled with a vegetarian diet anchored by bread made from wheat coarsely ground at home, was how God intended people to live, and that following this natural law would keep people healthy. Towards that end, Graham introduced the world's first graham wafer product. It was a dull, unsifted flour biscuit baked by Graham himself." From the Wikipedia article on Graham Crackers I never much liked Graham Crackers and after learning of their historical background, I am much less likely to eat one. YMMV Rumi EDIT: Here is some more information about Sylvester Graham from Wikipedia: "As his fame spread, "Grahamism" became a movement, and people inspired by his preaching began to develop and market Graham flour, Graham bread, and graham crackers. He neither invented nor endorsed any specific product, nor did he receive any money from their sale. Graham influenced other Americans including Horace Greeley and John Harvey Kellogg, founder of the Battle Creek Sanitarium. Grahamite boarding-houses were established in the 1830s. The Grahamites applied dietetic and hygienic principles to everyday life including cold baths, hard mattresses, open windows, a vegetarian diet with Graham bread and drinking cold water. Animal flesh was banned from Grahamite homes but eggs were allowed to be eaten at breakfast and were an important component of Grahamite diets." "Graham died of complications after receiving opium enemas."

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."