Forum Index > Gear Talk > Seeking recipient non-profit org for hiking/backpacking gear
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Aussie

Aussie
PostTue May 09, 2023 8:47 am 
I have a few items of outdoor gear I'd like to donate to an organisation that promotes the outdoors and provides experiences for groups of people, preferably youth, who wouldn't otherwise have the opportunity. I have a couple of almost new backpacks, some rain gear that still has some life in it, two pairs of boots and a pair of plastics. They are all women's sizes. Do you have any recommendations ? I know WTA has a gear library, but I think they prefer to have all the same type/brand/model of whatever it is, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Luc

Luc
PostTue May 09, 2023 8:59 am 
I've volunteered with Sierra Club's Seattle ICO chapter. https://www.sierraclub.org/washington/seattle-ico They are exactly the org you're looking for, and they have a gear garage that is less selective as far as I know. I will PM you the direct contact details for the correct people.

GNGSTR
Aussie

Aussie
PostTue May 09, 2023 9:18 am 
Thanks Luc !

bccarlso

bccarlso
PostThu May 11, 2023 8:08 am 
You may take a look at Campfire Coffee in Tacoma, who also started a nonprofit for the purposes you describe. https://www.welovecampfire.com/explorers-club
Quote:
Outdoor recreation & education for any situation. Campfire Explorers Club is a Washington State registered Non-Profit organization that we at Campfire Coffee started to help us realize our big adventure of making outdoor recreation and education accessible for more people, especially those who have been shut out from being able to explore and enjoy our natural world because of financial or other obstacles. We’ve gotten started supporting other organizations that share our vision for a more equitable and accessible natural world. Gear Library Interest Form We are happy to share our small gear library with those who are looking for an affordable way to get outdoors. We currently have tents, sleeping bags and small single use items such as water purifiers and insect repellents. Please fill out the form and one of us will be back with you to discuss your gear needs. If you have any question is regarding your library checkout, email us at goodies@welovecampfire.com with "Gear Checkout" as your subject line.