Forum Index > Trip Reports > Serene TH
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
timberghost

timberghost
PostSun May 21, 2023 6:18 pm 
Anyone hear what the deal is with Lake Serene TH. Went thru on Sat and it was backed up to Highway 2 with cars parked on both sides of the road in. if it's that busy going up to the lake it must be something to see. When I came back thru in the evening there was still cars along 2 parked.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
hbb

hbb
PostMon May 22, 2023 9:06 am 
Lake Serene is in heavy rotation on the Washington Hikers and Climbers Facebook group. That nearly always results in a substantial increase in traffic.

timberghost

timberghost
PostMon May 22, 2023 11:40 am 
But out to the high way?

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostMon May 22, 2023 1:49 pm 
It's always that bad. Yes, out to the highway and along the highway shoulder. In summer it's typical to see parents running with little kids across the highway to get to or from their car parked there, dropping shoes, baby rattles, etc. pulling kids' arms out of their sockets along the way.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert

mosey
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon May 22, 2023 2:00 pm 
Same as Lake 22...not just the social media hype, but also the fact that each hike does not require travelling on F'd up logging roads.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker
PostMon May 22, 2023 2:22 pm 
It's funny I have lived in Skykomish my whole life and never saw them parking down by the S. fork bridge to access Lake Serene TH. Heybrook is a different story the parking lot is full and they park on the shoulder on the weekends for the last 3 or so years. Even then midweek you would not see a car there but now it's a different story.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostMon May 22, 2023 4:06 pm 
Sky Hiker wrote:
It's funny I have lived in Skykomish my whole life and never saw them parking down by the S. fork bridge to access Lake Serene TH.
It's been like that for several years. Perhaps you've been out & about and drove by later in the evening.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker
PostMon May 22, 2023 6:19 pm 
Distinct possibility as I like to get an early start and stay away from the crowds.

Triciaann777

Triciaann777
PostTue May 23, 2023 5:21 pm 
gaia map ap shows a possible short cut from the Index river rd 6020 that connects to 276 another rd. If I knew where to park that may be an option. Then again I heard tweakers hang out around there. Thats why we call it adventuring...

Tricia's Mantra You were made to move,
timberghost

timberghost
PostTue May 23, 2023 7:09 pm 
Of Coarse you saw the post from one of the locals that live up there about breaking. She mentioned another onset resident was going by and breaking out windows or something because he was mad about people blocking the road. I think she said he wasn't getting into the cars but vandalising them. Not sure if he got caught or was still doing it. My cousin lived up there and he was definately on the shady side.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostWed May 24, 2023 12:31 pm 
Sky Hiker wrote:
Distinct possibility as I like to get an early start and stay away from the crowds.
I bet that's it. I noticed it when volunteering as wilderness ranger and we had to be signed out and back at the trailhead by 5 PM, so the drive home was much earlier than if I were regular joe backpacking.