Forum Index > Trail Talk > Doe Falls Trail # 1174 (via Suntop trail # 1183) - where does it end up?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
JimmyBob

JimmyBob
PostWed May 31, 2023 10:50 am 
Doe Falls trail goes over Doe Creek via an old bridge. I see a trail that goes beyond the area at the top of the falls. Where does it go? The trail was hard to follow, but went alongside Doe Creek. Anyone been to the end, I heard a rumour of a horse camp. Any pictures? Is there a lake? The falls are really good this weekend, loved the trail. https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mbs/recarea/?recid=18124

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
hearingjd

hearingjd
PostThu Jun 01, 2023 7:07 pm 
The trail dies out after you cross Doe Creek. There are a number of dispersed campsites upstream from the bridge-- lovely, quiet camp spots. The trail ends there, but my buddy and I followed elk trails and the creek upstream into Mt Rainier NP- it gets hard to follow and brushy, but if you endure, you break out into the meadows around Buck Lake-- lovely alpine lake. You can then follow the Buck Creek creekbed down stream and intersect Suntop Trail and make a loop...

Hiker John
JimmyBob

JimmyBob
PostFri Jun 02, 2023 11:00 am 
That sounds like a great plan! Thanks, I'll do that soon.