Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Image uploading, posting & thumbnail issues
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Jun 08, 2023 8:27 pm 
There is currently an issue preventing posting of new photos. For some reason our image server host removed the imagemagick utility we use to resize / thumbnail images. Posting of new photos is broken until further notice.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((>

Ski
><((((>
PostFri Jun 09, 2023 3:11 pm 
so THAT's why it's not working... I thought I was going crazy or doing something wrong.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Jun 09, 2023 7:00 pm 
After numerous attempts to escalate over the last 24 hours and getting nowhere I put in a temporary fix. It is quite slow, but at least images can be posted and will thumbnail. For sure we will be looking for a new image server host before our hosting plan renews.

fourteen410
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Jun 14, 2023 12:21 am 
Hopefully resolved now. Only took them 5 days to put imagemagick back on the server, SMH! Good thing is it prompted investigating alternative image hosting solutions for the long term. Found an inexpensive virtual private server option with terrabyte storage at minimal cost. Been playing around with it and it looks very promising. https://www.interserver.net/vps/storage.html

Anne Elk, Ski
rubywrangler

rubywrangler
PostTue Aug 29, 2023 2:28 pm 
Is there a limit to the number of flickr albums that show in the dropdown menu? I can't see my newest album in the list. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting from flickr, logging out of this site, clearing cookies, etc but it's still missing. ETA: I can see the individual photos, but not the album

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Aug 29, 2023 2:55 pm 
You may need to make the album public in order for us to see it. You can always test it on flickr using their API explorer interface (leave the API key blank): First, find your user ID here: https://www.flickr.com/services/api/explore/flickr.people.findByUsername Then enter that ID to see your public (album) sets: https://www.flickr.com/services/api/explore/flickr.photosets.getList

rubywrangler

rubywrangler
PostTue Aug 29, 2023 3:14 pm 
Thanks, but the missing album shows up in that list. My understanding is that photos are public or private in flickr, albums are not. My albums typically have both types of photos, but only the public ones show up when I pull up the album in the editor here. I found a workaround which is to just copy whole flickr page URL, but it's taking a long time!!

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Aug 29, 2023 3:41 pm 
What album is it? When I put your username in here I get the same albums that I get when I go to the flickr API (just in reverse order). Make sure you are signed out when using the flickr API interface or select the option to do an unsigned call.

rubywrangler

rubywrangler
PostTue Aug 29, 2023 4:50 pm 
I'm not sure what the issue was, but I just added all the same photos to a new/duplicate album without making any other changes and that one shows up.
Now let's see if that broke the img links in my trip report... clown.gif Thanks for your help, Tom.