Forum Index > Trail Talk > Exit 47 Traffic
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Now I Fly

Now I Fly
PostSat Jan 20, 2024 6:43 pm 
Not sure what the attraction was. Only a few people on the Pratt Lake-Granite Moutain Trail.
Maybe Lake Annette? Not sure. B

zeldathewelder
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat Jan 20, 2024 7:46 pm 
It's a snow park. Most people aren't hikers. A lot of people just want to get out and look at winter, maybe take their kids sledding. Exit 47 is the closest place from Seattle for that, at least with lots of parking.

zeldathewelder, Now I Fly
christensent

christensent
PostSat Jan 20, 2024 8:57 pm 
The vast majority of these were probably walking to Franklin Falls

Learning mountaineering: 10% technical knowledge, 90% learning how to eat

fourteen410, Opus, SpookyKite89, Now I Fly, car68, Secret Agent Man, zimmertr, awilsondc
Brucester

Brucester
PostSun Jan 21, 2024 5:06 pm 
Are we at Seattle's maximum capacity yet?

thunderhead
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostSun Jan 21, 2024 7:32 pm 
Brucester wrote:
Only until we start rezoning the 66% of the city reserved for single family homes.

Flickr | Strava

Hutch
Foist
Sultan of Sweat

Foist
Sultan of Sweat
PostSun Jan 21, 2024 8:57 pm 
christensent wrote:
The vast majority of these were probably walking to Franklin Falls
Bingo. Frozen waterfall insta shot.

zeldathewelder, fourteen410, thunderhead, Now I Fly, Ski
timberghost

timberghost
PostMon Jan 22, 2024 5:22 am 
Brucester wrote:
Far exceeded

thunderhead, kiliki
kiliki

kiliki
PostMon Jan 22, 2024 11:48 am 
zimmertr wrote:
Brucester wrote:
Only until we start rezoning the 66% of the city reserved for single family homes.
There is no more single family zoning. The city still calls it single family zoning but it isn't. In 2019 3 units per lot were allowed (a duplex and a DADU) and legislation passed by the state, over the city's wishes, last year now lets developers build 6 units per "single family" lot in "single family" zoning as long as it is within 1/2 mile of a bus stop...which nearly every place in Seattle is. If it's one of the rare areas that isn't then you can only build 4 units on the lot.

rossb

rossb
PostFri Jan 26, 2024 12:18 pm 
OK, now the thread is really drifting. I'll join in. A bit of clarification. Seattle no longer has a "single family" zone. It is now officially called "Neighborhood Residential". This is the most common zone in the city. They allow one attached and one detached accessory dwelling unit per lot. So basically one basement apartment, and one backyard cottage along with the main house. The rules are fairly restrictive, and the lot sizes didn't change. This change occurred a couple years back, and construction has changed as a result. Instead of McMansions, they are putting up what I call McTriplexes. Basically one big house, one small house, and a third unit that looks a lot like a small house, but is technically attached. The sizes and design are fairly consistent and fairly unusual looking (and no doubt based on the regulations). I've seen units (houses) sold as condos (since the land can't be subdivided). Typically someone buys the big house and land, then sells the other two as condos. I've also seen a fair number of existing houses add accessory units (basement apartments or backyard cottages). All of this was before the state passed the new law. The city hasn't implemented it, but will as part the work for the One Seattle Plan Comprehensive Plan. This is likely to occur this year. Planning predates the state's bill, and is really meant as a big zoning overhaul. It is quite possible that Seattle will follow Spokane's lead, and creating a zoning code that is a lot more liberal. In Spokane the minimum lot size is now 1,200 square feet (enough room for a townhouse). In my particular neighborhood in the north end of the city, it is 7,200 square feet. This is the part of Seattle that was annexed in the 1950s (and often lacks sidewalks). Since a lot of this land was farmland, there are still plenty of big lots that get subdivided. Smaller lots would change the nature of the developments (and allow a lot more homes to be built).