Forum Index > Trip Reports > Snowshoe to Kees and Claire Hut and Whirlwind (BC, Spearhead) - 2023-02-25
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
mbravenboer

mbravenboer
PostSun Jan 28, 2024 12:17 am 
Last year it was bitter cold when we visited Whistler. It was -5F so I had to really take care of everything to do a long day trip. I bought liner gloves (work great!) and the little bags of handwarmers. I boiled my water because otherwise it would freeze during the day. I wish I had booked a night at the Kees and Claire Hut, but it was full when it became evident the weather was good. Due to the cold weather I didn't want to do an overnight, so I did a long day trip instead. I really wanted to try and see the area around Fissile and Whirlwind, so I left super early and slogged up Singing Pass in the dark. Distance: 22 miles Elevation gain: 5500ft All photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bravenboer/albums/72177720306282613/
Black Tusk from Singing Pass
Black Tusk from Singing Pass
Mount Macbeth
Mount Macbeth
Right to left: Parapet Peak, Isosceles Peak, Hour Peak
Right to left: Parapet Peak, Isosceles Peak, Hour Peak
Singing Pass
Singing Pass
Frozen Russet Lake with Fissile Peak
Frozen Russet Lake with Fissile Peak
Mount Macbeth
Mount Macbeth
Tremor Mountain
Tremor Mountain
Kees and Claire hut
Kees and Claire hut
Tremor Mountain
Tremor Mountain
Fissile Peak
Fissile Peak
Hour Peak and the Isosceles Glacier
Hour Peak and the Isosceles Glacier
Cheakamus Glacier
Cheakamus Glacier
Views south from Kees and Claire Hut
Views south from Kees and Claire Hut
Mount Fee (left) and Pyroclastic, Cayley (right)
Mount Fee (left) and Pyroclastic, Cayley (right)
Kees and Claire Hut views
Overlord Mountain from Cowboy Ridge
During my trip to Black Tusk later that year I got a cool view of that area that really shows the scale. Here they are. If you look carefully then you can find the tiny hut left in the photo.
Cool perspective on the Spearhead Traverse, with the Kees and Claire Hut, Fissile, Whirlwind, Overlord (including the rock step)
Cool perspective on the Spearhead Traverse, with the Kees and Claire Hut, Fissile, Whirlwind, Overlord (including the rock step)
Macbeth, Fissile, Overlord, Cheakamus from Black Tusk
Macbeth, Fissile, Overlord, Cheakamus from Black Tusk

Comma, olderthanIusedtobe, Prosit, John Mac, Nancyann, Malachai Constant, jstern, raising3hikers, hikerbiker, Now I Fly, rubywrangler  jaysway, KascadeFlat  GaliWalker
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message