Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Bigfoot is NOT dead
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stefan

Stefan
PostThu Dec 05, 2002 1:29 pm 
This family is really trying to preserve the Bigfoot families out there. They know where they are at and they are just trying to stop people from hunting them. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/134589898_raywallaceobit05m.html

Art is an adventure.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
salish

salish
PostThu Dec 05, 2002 6:41 pm 
This is funny. If the shreds of "monkey suit" found in his basement can somehow be linked with Roger Patterson and his 1967 movie, the true believers will be in a bad way. But Bigfoot is like Elvis - he'll always be with us.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostSat Dec 07, 2002 3:50 am 
crop circles
there will always be the true believers for stuff like this. Crop circles are an excellent example. The true believers still believe. Despite admissions of the pranksters being caught. Despite demonstrations of how easy it is to make oddly perfect circles and straight lines with the same mysterious and other worldy advanced tools the Egyptians used to do their works... a string and a stake in the ground, and a 5th grade understanding of geometry. Despite infrared and night vision photos of pranksters at work in fields.... they still believe. The reason? Just because *some* circles are hoaxes, doesn't *prove* every single one is! Some of them could still be aliens or extradimensional beings who cross time and/or space to make circles in wheat fields on earth to send us messages. If you can cross time and space to send a message, couldn't it be done a bit clearer than crushing wheat stalks in the hinterlands? How about calling Geraldo up and asking for an interview? The truth is out there..... but that doesn't prevent some from not believing it!

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Dante

Dante
PostSat Dec 07, 2002 12:24 pm 
LOL lol.gif I saw a documentary on the patterson firm awhile back that seemed to pretty much debunk it as "proof." They actually went to the site and took measurements and compared it to what is known about the camera. They also interviewed anthropologists or physiologists. Grover Krantz (WSU Antrhopology Prof. and true believer) said it could not be a man in a suit. Everyone else said it could be. I'd like to believe there's a large shy ape in the Cascades, but I really can't. I've always wanted to transplant some of those Japanese monkeys, though. They'd be more fun than Racoons wink.gif Other states/provinces can keep the Grizzlies, though.

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostSat Dec 07, 2002 8:45 pm 
Me too, I'd like to believe but I don't. My family has been living in Washington state for 5 generations...I am of the 4th, and we have all been hunting/fishing/mountain/woods folk since great grandpa settled here in the 1800s, and at no time has any of our clan ever run across such a beast. When my grandfather was born in the late 1890s here, he eventually bought property in what was then still pretty wild around Oso, Washington...we still own that land today. In his travels (he was as adventureous as I..probably where I get it from) he never saw any beast either (Bigfoot). Could there be such a beast, I seriously doubt it. If it's out there, it doesn't walk the obscure places I've been...

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com
Trick Knee

Trick Knee
PostMon Dec 09, 2002 3:43 am 
Interesting topic.
My brother has a bigfoot website (http://www.bigfootinfo.org) He is currently redesigning the site. The recent news bummed him out, but he still wants to believe that something is out there. I change my mind on this subject constantly, I have even went to a couple conferences with my bro to see what it's all about. Besides, gives us a good excuse to get outdoors smile.gif -Trick Knee.