Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Polarbar?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Sundance Kid
Hiking the Wasatch

Sundance Kid
Hiking the Wasatch
PostTue Dec 10, 2002 10:30 am 
Okay, maybe I didn't notice and this happened a long time ago, but wasn't this Catwoman's Bar & Grill? Nothing against polarbear, you're cool, but Catwoman had it first! What happened? I didn't see any posts here requesting the change. Was there something going on over the telephone between Tom and polarbear? I'm interested to know why the change occurred. BTW, the polarbar name is clever.

Just where is it I can find beaver, bear, and other critters that are worth cash money when skint?
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
catwoman

catwoman
PostTue Dec 10, 2002 10:45 am 
I requested my name be removed in a post in another thread. If people on this site are going to slam me for kindly telling my opinion sometimes, then I don't want my name in the title of one of the forums.

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostTue Dec 10, 2002 7:01 pm 
Is this here establishment smoking or non? NN smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
polarbear

polarbear
PostTue Dec 10, 2002 9:02 pm 
lol.gif I guess sometimes I get what I ask for. I really doubt that anyone wants me tending bar at this fine establishment, especially considering that I only drink D of the MG variety. However being honorary bartender for today is ok after which it should go back to catwoman who didn't realize she was stepping on a landmine. Anonymous postings is not a good enough reason to have one's name removed from the false front of this here saloon. agree.gif Otherwise you could rename it polecat to catapolt or some such if you want joint ownership but it just wouldn't sound right. Catwoman it be. Note that even at it's lowest, the conversation in the bar and grill probably beats conversation in a real bar and grill. "Uhmm, hey, what did you say your sign was? Yes, just as I thought, I'm Libra too. Were you born in July? No, neither was I. What are the chances?" So roses for the ladies, and a drink for anyone with a login name, which of course means some will get much more than others lol.gif and we can wax nostalgic about the old Trail Talk and how that migrated to Chunky Spice and then how things just kind of exploded, like they do sometimes, and we were left as nomads to wander a talkless wasteland, rant rant.gif rant rant.gif ranting rant.gif , until this board was formed, in which we can now speak eloquently of trips, trails, mountains, and of course babble in blarney at times. And when finished we can all build a cairn with nocentsofdirection showing us how, which is one of the most peaceful activities of all. o oooo oooooo

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostThu Dec 12, 2002 4:33 pm 
Oh, gawd, I forgot about Chunky Spice....when we started calling it that was right before Bill kicked us out.....something I was accused of singlehandedly causing by a TT expat posting undar another handle over at cc.com. I think many of us have reason to assume blame for that happening, but mostly I think it was that Bill was sick of moderating the board....

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostThu Dec 12, 2002 10:16 pm 
I personally blame Tom, since he had just arrived and started causing trouble when Bill killed the forum. I seem to remember Tom "hacking" the forum by using javascript to force inline images after they had been banned or something similar. cool.gif I think we're much better off in a place of our own, honestly, so I don't mourn the demise of Trail Talk. up.gif