Forum Index > Gear Talk > Hard to fit feet - need very small mens wide mountain boot
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
glissadingduo

glissadingduo
PostSun Jan 19, 2003 7:09 pm 
Anyone have advice about buying mountaineering boots for hard-to-fit feet?. When will the boot stock be best? Where would be a good place around the Seattle area to go. Right now the stock is pretty poor (Jan. 2003). I have tried several places and I am having trouble finding a Men's size 7 (40.5 ish). I have a very wide foot and smaller ankles. I am a women, but need the mens size due to my wide feet. I have considered ordering some Saloman Expedition Ladies boots from Oregon Mountaineering (online). But then might need to find a really good boot person to make them wider.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostMon Jan 20, 2003 9:09 am 
Try LLBean on line. Their boots come in widths and if they don't fit right they are great about returns. I have wide, hard to fit feet. It is almost impossible for me to find boots that fit. I finally took the chance, bought a pair at Bean, used them for a season, and bought 3 more pairs when they went on sale that winter. My sister, who also has wide feet buys all her shoes from them.

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
glissadingduo

glissadingduo
PostTue Jan 21, 2003 8:36 pm 
Will check to see if LLBean has 12pt crampon mtn boots
Thanks for the suggestion. I will check to see what LLBean has to offer in mountaineering boots that accept 12 point crampons. I suspect they do not have them, but maybe they will. Good advice though. I am sure my Montrail boots will wear out eventually and LLBean will be able to help. The Montrail boots I have are women's size 9 wide and they are great, but do not accept 12 pt crampons. Thank-you!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster