Forum Index > Food & Grub > Anybody Else Have A FoodSaver?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostMon May 05, 2003 2:56 pm 
OK, I am SO hooked!! Synchro (my boyfriend) got me one at Costco this weekend-we had been drooling over them for as long as we have been together biggrin.gif Combined with our existing food dehydrator, well, I am so looking forward to not ever eating stovetop stuffing or mashed potatoes ever again on the trail! The coolest thing is I have been maranating the fruit I am dehydrating in orange juice beforhand (using the vac). I have a feeling it won't ever see the trail lol.gif Because it is so tasty! Now the 10,00 lbs of meat from Costco that I had to process last night-well that's a whole nother story of torture....but I'm betting my maraniated jerky will be tasty too wink.gif So anybody else hooked?

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostMon May 05, 2003 5:08 pm 
Well I'm not quite hooked and I haven't done meat but lots of veggies, 'shrooms and fruits. I would look for them on sale and go gang busters for dehydrated soups and snackies. Done a lot of bananas and apples which really don't make it too far. Everyone has to have a sample or 2. It's a far amount of work but lots of fun. One of my better investments I've made. NN

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostMon May 05, 2003 5:11 pm 
Hehheh!! I can't wait for my apples to get done (that came from Costco in the dumptruck size baggie biggrin.gif then I can put my bananas on that are soaking in OJ...Like those will ever see the outside of the kitchen (now to come up with an excuse about how I ate them all and there is none to share...)

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostMon May 05, 2003 5:17 pm 
Best be tryin' some pineapple then. Just use the excuse of *I dried them and they're mine. So there.* NN

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.